Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro , CMC , Reggie , NAM 2-4” snoww we 36-38 for a few hours and flip back to period of snow Monday night . Sell GFS

None of those show you or I as anything close to "36-38 for a few hours." I honestly have no clue what you are talking about.

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’m leaning 6-8” up there as of now.

Brian,  I'm surprised you are thinking of the 6 to 8" in my area.  Usually we get downsloped by a northeast wind but this time it is east.  Also models are spitting out 1.50" of precip.  I was also looking at the wind.  Usually this far inland there is not much wind but the models are showing over 45mph gusts.  Would that ever happen?

10 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  I'm surprised you are thinking of the 6 to 8" in my area.  Usually we get downsloped by a northeast wind but this time it is east.  Also models are spitting out 1.50" of precip.  I was also looking at the wind.  Usually this far inland there is not much wind but the models are showing over 45mph gusts.  Would that ever happen?

I wonder if you get some strong winds off the slope there. It gets warm aloft with cold air forced up and over the ridge. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

None of those show you or I as anything close to "36-38 for a few hours." I honestly have no clue what you are talking about.

It sounds like some interpreted that as they would be mowing their lawn come Tuesday.  Hilarious line of exchanges from saying it gets into the 40s to “you wanna fight bro, I’ll still have snow left.”

• Like 1

I won’t be shocked if there’s still a hideous glacier intact over Kevin’s lawn on Monday but I’m not sure what the debate is worth anyway…I don’t think it would be more than 2 or 3 inches anyway.

But 6-8 hours in the 40s with rain will be tough to fight off. Usually you want like an inch-plus of water in the pack to fight that type of assault off. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I won’t be shocked if there’s still a hideous glacier intact over Kevin’s lawn on Monday but I’m not sure what the debate is worth anyway…I don’t think it would be more than 2 or 3 inches anyway.

But 6-8 hours in the 40s with rain will be tough to fight off. Usually you want like an inch-plus of water in the pack to fight that type of assault off. 

I’ll sell those 40’ s for hours. That’s just my point 

So, come Tuesday, a half inch-to an inch of ice in my yard. Kinda like today. At least there will be some frigid weather to keep things going. Who knows, at this rate by mid February it'll be 4 -5 inches of accumulated ice in the back yard.  In the immortal words of the Wicked Witch of the West, "What a World!"

At least the melt downs here (for the most part) avoid politics and Covid. I'll take a knock out fight about how long the 40's are going to last in my neighborhood over another Fauci-Paul s**tfest in the monkey house any day.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Maybe I should’ve said 6-10”. It’s basically a 6-8hr window for heavy rates so everything has to go right to realize that liquid. We’re upgliding over a cold dome and will push that coastal front more inland than usual, but that still a lot of QPF to squeeze in there for 6hrs in the form of snow. In the back of my head I see this ticking warmer with the changeover leaning toward the warmer models. So if it ends up colder more toward 10” there and if it ends up warmer then more toward the lower end. Like I said to dryslot, it’s basically a race between the warmth and the precip. And with the modeled rates there’s bust potential either way if it stays snow 2hrs longer versus raining 2hrs sooner. It’ll be a fun one to watch play out. Hopefully you stay mostly snow until the midlevel dry slot pushes through. It should be really pastey during the day.

• Like 3