Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I think that's the key area if cooler temps happen more of a thump than a dump. 

The WAA moisture will be hitting a wall, so let’s just see the trends on the ML temps over the next few sets of model runs.

I mean Jeezuz, I am at  0 / -14 at 10pm.  That is some arctic air this thing will be running into at first.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I'm an eternal optimist, always hoping for a broken forecast, used to happen a lot when I was a kid so I still have that mentality. As far as the Patriots I think a foot of snow here is more likely than them winning tonight.

Likewise when I was a young teen I would hope for an unforecast event of major snowfall. Though still kind of rare, unexpected dumps did happen back in the day. Especially out west. Of course, what I didn’t understand was that they usually didn’t happen if the forecast was clear and sunny, or if the forecast snow level was 4,000 feet above my location.

it’s more a matter of underestimating accumulations or slight deviations in track or temperature that do it. And stationary bands. 

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Exactly….so let’s see what happens? If it folds, or ends up wrong at this point, then it deserves to be deleted to JV status. 

I don't think it's that big of an indictment of the euro...its well known that NAM excels with respect to mid level warm tongues.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think it's that big of an indictment of the euro...its well known that NAM excels with respect to mid level warm tongues.

Ray…it would have never happened to the euro before the update/downgrade before. But that’s my stance. And I think most of us know that!  It sucks now. Bring back the pre update euro..please. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ray…it would have never happened to the euro before the update/downgrade before. But that’s my stance. And I think most of us know that!  It sucks now. Bring back the pre update euro..please. 

I disagree with you. The NAM has always excelled with mid level warming...always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not sure what some of you are seeing. NAM looks just as warm as 00z last night and DIT is definitely going over 40.

Not as warm as the cycle just before that if anything. Yesterday I remember NAM runs showing virtually no snow in Southern New England. Now, the snow line keeps creeping southeast with each run on the NAM. With yesterdays evolutions I was sure we were not gonna see more than a few preliminary flakes at my location. And I was scoffing people even talking about it anymore only to get blown away by the 12z that came out this morning right after saying that.

For the three of us who live near here… my call is about a sloppy inch… maybe two tops. It might trend back slightly west overnight…. Sort of like a yo-yo with decreasing erratic behavior as you zero in.

28 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think the 3k has Phinn close to 36"  lol

2.25 inches of liquid. (forgot to include the upslope piece)

I am jammed against the northern Presidentials so my exact location is hard to differentiate on the snow maps from the peaks where the 3k always goes nuts with rime ice accretion. That model shows like 2-3 feet on the peaks every single run due to that error.

Looks like 18 or so here but the 3k gets mix very close by. Poor Gorham snow weenies. :( 

Definitely an event where it's rain down there and blasting paste up the hill.