Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s cool. But the Euro would never be beat by the NAM at 36 hrs before. 

With respect to the mid level warm tongue in SW flow aloft, it would....you are wrong. I'm not saying that the euro hasn't had issues since the upgrade, but the NAM has always been the best model to detect that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

With respect to the mid level warm tongue in SW flow aloft, it would....you are wrong. I'm not saying that the euro hasn't had issues since the upgrade, but the NAM has always been the best model to detect that.

We Can agree to disagree on this Ray. The old Euro would be sniffing this out at this point. And it’s not. It’s sucks now. So I guess the NAM will beat it. 

i agree with you on that, let’s get this POS out of here, and move on. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We Can agree to disagree on this Ray. The old Euro would be sniffing this out at this point. And it’s not. It’s sucks now. So I guess the NAM will beat it. 

i agree with you on that, let’s get this POS out of here, and move on. 

All I am saying is that I have been on this forum tracking storms in great detail for over 15 years, and it's always been apparent that the NAM excelled at resolving mid level warming. It doesn't mean it's a better model, but it does have some strengths. It became apparent during the SWFE laden seasons of 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

• Like 2

Just now, dendrite said:

I’m not used to seeing 2 Vermonters fighting with each other. It’s supposed to be a zen utopia over there. Tensions are rising from the lack of snow.

Yeah, be very careful in the NNE thread when talking about "bread and butter" and "fake snow." They outwardly project cool but the tension is palpable. :) 

If the upslope doesn't come in from this event there could be some rage in the Northern Greens. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

All I am saying is that I have been on this forum tracking storms in great detail for over 15 years, and it's always been apparent that the NAM excelled at resolving mid level warming. It doesn't mean it's a better model, but it does have some strengths. It became apparent during the SWFE laden seasons of 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

Fair enough.

But I guess my point is that the old Euro  would have been all over this at this late stage, and we’d be seeing it agreeing with the NAM, and its just not happening now. I think that’s more my point with this. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Fair enough.

But I guess my point is that the old Euro  would have been all over this at this late stage, and we’d be seeing it agreeing with the NAM, and its just not happening now. I think that’s more my point with this. 

Euro has struggled, but believe me...people would often laugh off the NAM advancing sleet north very quickly, and the pelts would laugh last.

• Like 2

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Can’t make snow ? 

Doesn't seem like it. I have heard there are pump failures, electrical failures, the entire snowmaking team quit on them, not enough water, etc. No idea how much of each rumor is true but they seem to be stuck in first gear either way and really not making progress on new terrain.

It's definitely possible to hire staff in NH. Bretton Woods seems reasonably well-staffed and they are still blowing snow constantly and adding to the open terrain.

Black Mountain is another one that desperately needs this storm. 

• Like 1