• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
East coast storm targets our subforum Noon Sunday-3PM Monday 1/16-17/22 with significant impact potential for heavy snow/heavy rain, a period of gusts 45-60 MPH along the coast with possible coastal flooding Monday morning high tide.

wdrag

9 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

That could definitely be an issue with a few inches of snowpaste on limbs and power lines 

I would be very surprised if there isn't a change in the models output over the next 2 or 3 days as more accurate data is fed into the models before they run........

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Northof78 said:

Book it, 4-8" or more I-95 and west 

You honestly do not need massive changes to get significant snow ahead of this to the coast before a changeover...at 100 plus hours the positioning of that high exiting NE alone can massively change things.  If it departs slower and you have that 040-060 wind vs 070-090 thats the difference between 6 hours of snow and 1 hour of snow.  As far as getting this to be all snow to the coast then yeah you need big changes from what we've recently seen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

I realize some have decided that the ensembles are useless here, however I'm going to keep posting them. 

eps_mslp_lows_eastcoastus_120.thumb.png.9d74bd3dcaf70cb17e78bdd085896cda.png

1341438863_eps_mslp_lows_eastcoastus_126(1).thumb.png.721d7118fd6530153fe4d1419fe5f734.png

Thanks for posting. They seem a bit behind the operationals, but it seems that the ensemble mean is slowly shifting west as well.

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

You honestly do not need massive changes to get significant snow ahead of this to the coast before a changeover...at 100 plus hours the positioning of that high exiting NE alone can massively change things.  If it departs slower and you have that 040-060 wind vs 070-090 thats the difference between 6 hours of snow and 1 hour of snow.  As far as getting this to be all snow to the coast then yeah you need big changes from what we've recently seen

Yes, not saying all snow...but seems like it would be VERY HARD not to get a at least an intense front end dump with this

12 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

Anyone know some good webcams from the tri state where I can watch the snow? I’m trying to get my bookmarks together so I don’t have to figure it out in the heat of the moment…

Go to the state that you are interested in and lookup the DOT website for it.  It will provide a link to highway webcams on the major roads.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

Anyone know some good webcams from the tri state where I can watch the snow? I’m trying to get my bookmarks together so I don’t have to figure it out in the heat of the moment…

There will be some decent coastal flooding if you want to check that out.  

To my untrained eye this looks like the euro ensemble is taking a similar track to what it had at 00z? And based on the 850 temps at this frame it would actually be snowing at hour 120. Perhaps there's some hope the OP models have completed their west trend and might wiggle back east a bit. Still too early to give up on that possibility IMO.

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_6.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

To my untrained eye this looks like the euro ensemble is taking a similar track to what it had at 00z? And based on the 850 temps at this frame it would actually be snowing at hour 120. Perhaps there's some hope the OP models have completed their west trend and might wiggle back east a bit. Still too early to give up on that possibility IMO.

We hope the west trend has stopped.  No guarantee there. 

23 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I haven’t looked where the mid level lows are tracking and it’s too early for specifics, but if the clown maps show big amounts and those lows track west of you, you know it’s almost certainly way overdone and sleet will cut the totals down. 

Yup, snow always changes to mix earlier than progged with that setup almost 100% of the time.  

4 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

Looks like the JMA..... *whistle*

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic