Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Good gawd. If anyone saw my deleted post…

image.jpeg.ed2a7dea89d741d591ce31e95b992ffa.jpeg

What I was trying to say is that Blantons is my favorite but hard to get. But if you’re looking for a good mixing bourbon, you can’t go wrong with Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. Thirty bucks for a 1.75L bottle and 100 proof.

Buffalo trace products are legit. Blantons was much easier to find in Moco up until last year. That said, I think eh Taylor might actually be my favorite.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeff B said:

@Mappy, Eagle Rare is excellent and very affordable. For bourbon, Blanton’s, Weller, Knob Creek and 4 Roses are also very nice

I still want to try Weller. I don’t even know where to find one. Prob would need to visit Buffalo trace distillery, which is on my list of to do’s. 

1 hour ago, DDweatherman said:

Lucketts is a real peaceful area, we’ll call it a “suburb” of Leesburg haha. Great Beverage options..and the market. Then right past town as you get into Leesburg you have Raspberry Falls. 

Some horrible traffic backups there, things can get messy on 15

We enjoy our quiet out here. 15 is perhaps the only real drawback as it can be a real crawl at times. Shout out to Roots 657 (BBQ) for the best food in our little town.

• Like 1

We enjoy our quiet out here. 15 is perhaps the only real drawback as it can be a real crawl at times. Shout out to Roots 657 (BBQ) for the best food in our little town.
Western and northern Loudoun are still beautiful. Central and Eastern..yikes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucketts Life said:

That stretch of 15 can be tough. That turn left off of Lovettesville Rd at the bend just before the Bridge is a lesson in patience. Occasionally you will get that one nice person that will just stop and let you out. 

• Like 1

Does anybody else not understand Twitter at all? I ask because there is a lot of weather discussion there and I just can't get into it.  

I'm 39 and I build software for a living. I say this to mean that someone like me SHOULD understand Twitter.

The interface, the threads, the entire system just flies straight over my head. I can't even find the post that Jay Kennedy made to Mike Trout. I keep having to hit "show more replies" to keep seeing more, but there is no way to view all of the replies at once. If I scroll down I keep getting more posts. It's confusing because I don't know if those posts were posted by the tweeter (it looks like they did?) or were posted AT the tweeter.  

7 hours ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

Does anybody else not understand Twitter at all? I ask because there is a lot of weather discussion there and I just can't get into it.  

I'm 39 and I build software for a living. I say this to mean that someone like me SHOULD understand Twitter.

The interface, the threads, the entire system just flies straight over my head. I can't even find the post that Jay Kennedy made to Mike Trout. I keep having to hit "show more replies" to keep seeing more, but there is no way to view all of the replies at once. If I scroll down I keep getting more posts. It's confusing because I don't know if those posts were posted by the tweeter (it looks like they did?) or were posted AT the tweeter.  

Twitter has become more "thread-based" in recent years with posters sometimes (but not always) "numbering" their "thread" posts....which helps.

On a related note (not necessarily for wx tracking), Snapchat? Only social media platform that actively frustrates the hell outta me. Its UI/UX makes your hair hurt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Twitter has become more "thread-based" in recent years with posters sometimes (but not always) "numbering" their "thread" posts....which helps.

On a related note (not necessarily for wx tracking), Snapchat? Only social media platform that actively frustrates the hell outta me. Its UI/UX makes your hair hurt.

Yeah, I’m too old for Snapchat. Lol. But I do not doubt that its interface is horrible. 

• Like 1

I base pretty much all my forecast based on the look at H5 at first and then look at the surface it doesn't translate every time but that's part of it. A model can look fantastic early and go to shit later. Bottom line 12z Nam was better early at 500 and still was improved from 0z for us up here. For the record I went 3-6 RT 1 west in Harford and 4-8 east towards the bay and Cecil County. 

Baltimore east of 95 looks solid for 3-6 and 2-4 west. 

Won't take much movement to either boost the hell out of the amounts or raise them especially up here. 

Let's see how it goes but I'm not nearly as negative as some on here 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ravens94 said:

I base pretty much all my forecast based on the look at H5 at first and then look at the surface it doesn't translate every time but that's part of it. A model can look fantastic early and go to shit later. Bottom line 12z Nam was better early at 500 and still was improved from 0z for us up here. For the record I went 3-6 RT 1 west in Harford and 4-8 east towards the bay and Cecil County. 

Baltimore east of 95 looks solid for 3-6 and 2-4 west. 

Won't take much movement to either boost the hell out of the amounts or raise them especially up here. 

Let's see how it goes but I'm not nearly as negative as some on here 

Now this is true, QPF wise, but it was very minor and not as dramatic as you made it seem.  Is it really worth dying on this hill?  You are going to get more snow than like 90% of us here.  Enjoy it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Just want this weekend to be over with...I'll restrain myself from throwing something at the TV if I hear about the bomb cyclone pummeling other places, smh This is absolutely awful

Be thankful you have your health, your family and your weather weenie friends. The rest is gravy. Snow will come and snow will go, but enjoy life and all its never ending wonders. 

• Like 4

• mappy unpinned this topic