Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

5 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ah but it's even more than that...see that rip in the page? If you look closely you tell that that orignallly said "Bonaparte"...lol Beethoven saw Napoleon as a sort of hero for the common man...and thus Napoleon became the original inspiration for this symphony. But then...when he got the news that Napoleon had declared himself emperor of France

‘So he is no more than a common mortal! Now he, too, will tread underfoot all the rights of man [and] indulge only his ambition; now he will think himself superior to all men [and] become a tyrant!’

After that, an enraged Beethoven stormed over to the score and scratched out Bonaparte so hard that it ripped the paper...and thus it remains today, lol

That's cool!!  I actually didn't get a chance to look at that so closely.  But very interesting, how he found Napoleon a hero for the common man but then realized he was just a dictator wannabe hell-bent on conquest.

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I actually screamed like the Ravens were playing, to cheer for a division rival lol. Just so tired of KC and Mahomes already.

I'm jealous of the Bengals so I was kinda rootin' for Mahomes...lol But only because the fans on Twitter will never let us hear the end of it.

Man...the AFC has some talented QBs...and quite frankly I don't think the Ravens can keep up...at least not offensively. We are completely outmatched, smh

17 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can’t wait to see who my Vikings pick. I hear Hardnuts is in the running.

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Awful. They deserve the mediocrity that is coming.

We can’t do worse than the cowboys, but god help us. I wish I weren’t so loyal. :cry: 

• mappy unpinned this topic