Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Rank these:

Mojito, Margarita, Old Fashioned, Martini, Gin/Tonic, Cosmopolitan, Any flavor Daiquiri, Moscow Mule, Mai Tai, Pina Colada.  

Mojito

Cosmo

Old fashioned

The field

Hate (gin) martinis. My old man drank them and became mean (though not violent), and he was generally a nice guy. So, history there. Never had a Moscow Mule; I'd probably like it, since "V" is hands down my favorite liquor. (Scotch a distant second). Margaritas only good with Mexican food. Mai Tai, Pina Colada, too sweet. Plus, in the latter's case, that f*****g godawful song from way back when. If vodka tonic was a choice, that would be second after mojitos. If scotch and soda was a choice, it'd be third. With mojitos ... curiously I don't generally like run, it's the only liquor I've ever gotten sick from, but mojitos .... never had a bad one. It's the mint. In sum, my tastes in liquor are all over the place.  Except gin. HATE it. But then again, history. 

Just now, vastateofmind said:

BSprouts are my favorite veggie. And it's interesting...you mentioned maple syrup, @wxtrix mentioned brown sugar on the roasted sprouts. I'm wondering if that sweet aspect is something that we've been missing on our sprouts recipe. Gonna try the addition of both of these to see what it tastes like.

Try it. It really adds that extra layer of flavor and compliments the salt and the heat from the red pepper. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mine are, in this order, high gravity Beer.

I used to be a total beer snob in my 20s-30s. Loved hoppy beers and IPAs and so on. Then my palate changed. I didn’t like beers I could chew or burp 5 hours later and still taste the hops. 

Pilsners and ambers now. Stuff that is light and easy to have with lots of things

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Cooked up some veg tonight. Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli from the Amish market. Will have it for the next couple days. Simple and delish.

veg.thumb.jpg.1f35aa95cf10f7ad4264e0c3c4181758.jpg

Hook me up with some of those brussels as a pizza topping and I'll split the pizza with you! 

Tonight it was torn fresh mozz, jalapeno, and pineapple. That'll probably make someone mad but that's OK, because I enjoyed it and that's all that really matters haha

PSX_20220127_190040.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Hook me up with some of those brussels as a pizza topping and I'll split the pizza with you! 

Tonight it was torn fresh mozz, jalapeno, and pineapple. That'll probably make someone mad but that's OK, because I enjoyed it and that's all that really matters haha

PSX_20220127_190040.jpg

Looks good! My fave pizza is gorgonzola with caramelized onions. Gotta be wood fired. The contrast.. just incredible. White, no red sauce. Just olive oil.

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

I used to be a total beer snob in my 20s-30s. Loved hoppy beers and IPAs and so on. Then my palate changed. I didn’t like beers I could chew or burp 5 hours later and still taste the hops. 

Pilsners and ambers now. Stuff that is light and easy to have with lots of things

I am a mega beer snob. I probably wouldn't be compatible with you as a beer drinker. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i had grilled cheese for lunch.

Almost every Friday night in the winter, my wife and I do toasted cheese -- sometimes with swiss/provolone/cheddar slices, occasionally doctored up a bit with a few slices of pepperoni or leftover taco meat -- along with Progresso's Tomato & Basil soup. Great comfort food when it's this cold.

28 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

OK, here goes.  Though not sure I'm familiar with all of those or had them all...

--Old Fashioned, as in a Manhattan (Maker's Mark, preferably!)

--Martini (slightly dirty, I do prefer vodka over gin, sorry @stormtracker!)

--Margarita (salted rim)

--Daquiri (strawberry preferably.  No banana!!)

--Mojito (only have had a couple)

--Pina Colada

Haven't really had a gin/tonic or a Moscow Mule.  I generally am not a fan of gin, but if it's quality stuff then it's great!  I don't care for feeling like I'm chewing on a pine tree!

13 minutes ago, H2O said:

Rum and coke, Old Fashioned, G&T, Manhattan, margarita, martini, and don’t care about the rest

8 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Mojito

Cosmo

Old fashioned

The field

Hate (gin) martinis. My old man drank them and became mean (though not violent), and he was generally a nice guy. So, history there. Never had a Moscow Mule; I'd probably like it, since "V" is hands down my favorite liquor. (Scotch a distant second). Margaritas only good with Mexican food. Mai Tai, Pina Colada, too sweet. Plus, in the latter's case, that f*****g godawful song from way back when. If vodka tonic was a choice, that would be second after mojitos. If scotch and soda was a choice, it'd be third. With mojitos ... curiously I don't generally like run, it's the only liquor I've ever gotten sick from, but mojitos .... never had a bad one. It's the mint. In sum, my tastes in liquor are all over the place.  Except gin. HATE it. But then again, history. 

• mappy unpinned this topic