• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, DJln491 said:

Just a lurker here but wow what a thread.  Lots of ups and downs, toaster baths, recommendations to seek professional help.  It's got it all and probably 24 more hours of madness. Thanks to all and good luck!  :popcorn:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

Using the CT River as the dividing line is dumb anyway because then basically 80% of New England is considered "east." CON-WST roughly if we're going by land mass.

Do you just see things black and white like that? We also said there was "Central" part to it. Not just west or east. There's an in-between area you know.

1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

Using the CT River as the dividing line is dumb anyway because then basically 80% of New England is considered "east." CON-WST roughly if we're going by land mass.

Yeah, the Ct River has a big latitude range.  If Kevin or somebody from CT mentions E of the River looks good for accumulations that doesn't mean E of the River along the RT 2 corridor looks good for accumulations.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Eastern MA is ORH on east.  Geographically makes sense.

Yeah if we're dividing into halves....I agree I just use ORH roughly as the midpoint (I think technically it's Rutland MA if you go by precise geography....and that's just 2 towns NW of ORH for those that don't know)...but if we divide into thirds with western/central/eastern....then I use 495 for the eastern boundary.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There is actually a very good consensus between the 12z 3km NAM, 06z EURO and 12z GEM.

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can throw the 12z Ukie in there too.

33 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

HRDPS would be solid if extended past 48 

hi

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nobody who lives near 128 belt considers ORH E mass . I guess for weather simplification I get it . 

In our local news and growing up, the state is almost always divided as western/central/eastern, so that's how most of us view it. But if you are just using a very crude analysis for a storm, you can use east vs west sometimes.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

In our local news and growing up, the state is almost always divided as western/central/eastern, so that's how most of us view it. But if you are just using a very crude analysis for a storm, you can use east vs west sometimes.

Def

just saying if you walked up to a resident of 128 they would say umm no 

15 minutes ago, DJln491 said:

Just a lurker here but wow what a thread.  Lots of ups and downs, toaster baths, recommendations to seek professional help.  It's got it all and probably 24 more hours of madness. Thanks to all and good luck!  :popcorn:

Please join us the 3rd Wednesday of every month for the Bring Your Own Model Social...I'm bringing the German Model to the next one....Jordan Carver....

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So 12 hours ago it was toast.   6 hours ago yipee.  Now a combination.   Stop waffling with each model run!  The 2 most consistent pieces of guidance over the past few days are RGEM and Euro.  

Also, 3k is worlds apart from 12k today on NAM.  I'm feeling confident mpm uses his snowblower and I get 6+.

Just missed you in the overnight shift, now tuning in for Euro... yeah I posted that the site going down last night was a mercy kill for all the overreacting over 1/5 0z NAM.

Haven't wavered from thoughts since weekend: 3-6/4-8 for eastern SNE as a start, and now that we've survived ingest of shortwave sampling in Pac NW, I still anticipate this could trend NW in final 48 hours with potential for higher totals.

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic