• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes true....though I definitely thought we'd be battling more of a hugger 2 days ago...just based on the position of the trough as it goes neutral/neg pretty decently far west. But the confluence up north has fought that off pretty good. Still, I think that fairly far west trough positioning and potent vortmax can work in our favor now as we get into the final 48 hours.

Right, and that is what I needed to for the widespread 6-12" that I had. I think that ship has sailed. I'm not saying that we still can't get a 3-6" or maybe even a 4-8"
 deal, but my original thoughts are skunked. I'm not saying P Cloudy.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right, and that is what I needed to for the widespread 6-12" that I had. I think that ship has sailed. I'm not saying that we still can't get a 3-6" or maybe even 4-8
 deal, but my original thoughts are skunked. I'm not saying P Cloudy.

I think 6-12 is still possible for eastern areas for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think 6-12 is still possible for eastern areas for sure.

Well, I am very nervous about at this point. I said all along 12z Wednesday was a pretty big deadline, so I'm not sure why people feel like I am losing my mind. Hopefully it will trend back enough, but I feel like that idea is in peril at this point.

For what it’s worth, the navy has been moving NW quite a bit the past couple of runs. I like what I’m seeing from the big 3 (Euro, Canadian, Navy). My original thoughts have not changed, widespread 8-12 with an iso 12-16, as I believe the models are struggling with chasing convection and are placing the low too far se and are too weak with it as a result.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 7

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, I am very nervous about at this point. I said all along 12z Wednesday was a pretty big deadline, so I'm not sure why people feel like I am losing my mind. Hopefully it will trend back enough, but I feel like that idea is in peril at this point.

No doubt it is in peril...but it seems way too close a call to punt the idea at 48 hours. It would be too close a call to punt at 24 hours IMHO.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Didn't he say he was more concerned about p-type issues than a whiff, without mentioning specific areas?

Yes I said that near dawn yesterday for my area and Tblizz. That wasn't far fetched for the coast. I agree with Will in that a bigger event is not far fetched. That's how I felt since then.

• Like 1

Just now, tiger_deF said:

If we get widespread 8-12 we'll need to see models shifting uniformly as we near go time, or they'll have to bust hilariously (which is certainly less common in this day and age)

In my area the Canadian and RGEM are already nearly at the low end of that, if we get a 50 mile tick NW with the low on all guidance that would make a huge difference. That’s what I’m banking on.

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

For what it’s worth, the navy has been moving NW quite a bit the past couple of runs. I like what I’m seeing from the big 3 (Euro, Canadian, Navy). My original thoughts have not changed, widespread 8-12 with an iso 12-16, as I believe the models are struggling with chasing convection and are placing the low too far se and are too weak with it as a result.

That settles it I'm going to put out the lawn furniture...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So 12 hours ago it was toast.   6 hours ago yipee.  Now a combination.   Stop waffling with each model run!  The 2 most consistent pieces of guidance over the past few days are RGEM and Euro.  

Also, 3k is worlds apart from 12k today on NAM.  I'm feeling confident mpm uses his snowblower and I get 6+.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic