• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

12z GFS looks to be ticking slightly less amped than 6z through 30 hours.

2 inches of snow. It offers 2 inches. That’s bogus man. I hate that. It’s a red flag 

of course I got up this morning to a 7 inch 06z NAM after that offered me one inch.

this is not an easy system to predick and frankly I’m doubting they’ll even know 6 hours in advance what it will do 

• Weenie 2

Yeah we're talking very minor changes in the end...it did make a late bid to tick west, but really not of much consequence. It still wants to follow the convection...we really need that vort to curl north and capture this thing....close to what some of the mesos are doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we're talking very minor changes in the end...it did make a late bid to tick west, but really not of much consequence. It still wants to follow the convection...we really need that vort to curl north and capture this thing....close to what some of the mesos are doing.

yeah, the difference in the location of the best forcing between the rgem and the nam/gfs is pretty crazy. even between the 12km/3km is pretty big.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic