• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, ice1972 said:

We’ve got busses that still haven’t made it to school yet here…..lol….everyone all up in arms about how they didn’t delay opening - not sure but I think it just hit right before school opening……tough call

We opened fine, but 2 hours into school we had an announcement that the roads, school driveway, etc are now a skating rink

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some of the mesos hit pretty darn good.

Yeah but counting on those at this range is like cashing a 3rd party check from outer Mongolia at the grocery store cash register.  It will take a day for those to 'clear.'  But hey 100 bucks we can wait a day...

• Like 1

Just now, cleetussnow said:

Yeah but counting on those at this range is like cashing a 3rd party check from outer Mongolia at the grocery store cash register.  It will take a day for those to 'clear.'  But hey 100 bucks we can wait a day...

Was just a comment, I know they can be unstable.

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Uncanny how my area is the anti ORH in the sense that I'm never far enough in a given direction....always too far north or south. North early in the year, now south for Monday and Friday. Going to add to the frustration if that comes to fruition.

Except when you get a 31" monster

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Uncanny how my area is the anti ORH in the sense that I'm never far enough in a given direction....always too far north or south. North early in the year, now south for Monday and Friday. Going to add to the frustration if that comes to fruition.

its insane.  But somewhere out there is a Miller B pattern just for you...

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

nobody is talking about a deformation band.

There's isn't really very strong deformation in this setup...but there is definitely a banding signal for well northwest of the lower level reflection....so a fluff band in a separate stripe well northwest of the main jackpot area is likely IMHO. It won't be huge totals, but I wouldn't be shocked at one of those 6"+ deals inside the band where it drops 0.30" qpf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Talking about the past 4 years.

I think if I don't move back to Wilmington, I may go to the Amesbury area...nice city, and in a perfect spot to always have the CF just to the east, due to the shape of the coast to the north.

Wow.  That was more than 4 years ago?   My brain is fried...   Amesbury is awesome, but I don't know how they do for snow.   Cape Anne can do well for some events

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's isn't really very strong deformation in this setup...but there is definitely a banding signal for well northwest of the lower level reflection....so a fluff band in a separate stripe well northwest of the main jackpot area is likely IMHO. It won't be huge totals, but I wouldn't be shocked at one of those 6"+ deals inside the band where it drops 0.30" qpf.

Yes exactly my thought process. That’s why I like 4-8” back to the NY border 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic