• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Try 10 to 1 maps....Kuchie be messing with the ratios....the QPF is almost identical to 00z except a bit more up north and far west.

Actually you posted 06z vs 12z....i was talking 00z vs 12z. 06z was definitely better than 12z.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think so...ratios should be decent.

This definitely looks like some midlevel goodies...most of us are obviously still rooting for the 0.75-1.00 QPF slamming on Atlantic inflow, but aside from that, it's probably going to be nice snow growth in the ML banding that is consistently being signaled over SNE. Even like a 13 or 14 to 1 ratio will give 4" on a quarter inch qpf...and it's possible ratios are a bit higher inside a decent band.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wxsniss said:

Blend of 12z NAM/RGEM/EC/UK/CMC supports 3-6/4-8 for eastern SNE

I like the Box map and think they hold steady this afternoon

btw, OKX already lowered their forecast for southern CT, it just isn't updated on the BOX composite map

21 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Just missed you in the overnight shift, now tuning in for Euro... yeah I posted that the site going down last night was a mercy kill for all the overreacting over 1/5 0z NAM.

Haven't wavered from thoughts since weekend: 3-6/4-8 for eastern SNE as a start, and now that we've survived ingest of shortwave sampling in Pac NW, I still anticipate this could trend NW in final 48 hours with potential for higher totals.

Yeah it would have been fun to have both of us on while the zonked NAM was coming out.  I ended up turning off the light to sleep around 4:15AM.  Got up around 10:45 and decided to get out of bed so I can break this crazy cycle and maybe turn the light off around 3-vs later than 4.  

I think we're good for 6+.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This definitely looks like some midlevel goodies...most of us are obviously still rooting for the 0.75-1.00 QPF slamming on Atlantic inflow, but aside from that, it's probably going to be nice snow growth in the ML banding that is consistently being signaled over SNE. Even like a 13 or 14 to 1 ratio will give 4" on a quarter inch qpf...and it's possible ratios are a bit higher inside a decent band.

Yea. as disappointed as I am in the grand scheme of things, I don't expect this to underperform snow maps.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic