Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

47 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

Thoughts on the 84 hour NAM since we are basically in range? :bag:

It develops a lead wave and runs it out way ahead of the upper level support. That’s why you see the two areas of precip and nothing really gets organized. Is that possible?  Yea. Do I think that’s the most likely, no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddy1987 said:

This is first I’m following it in earnest. Can anyone explain as to what is enhancing a n/s clipper from what I’m gathering? 

Possible interaction with the ocean, leading to more moisture available. Not the most qualified to answer though but that is what I think should enhance it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Possible interaction with the ocean, leading to more moisture available. Not the most qualified to answer though but that is what I think should enhance it.

looks like the system will try to link with some residual energy down south.  not sure of the specifics, but the gom doesn't look completely closed for business.  probably need the jet dip a little further south/west, though.

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

I’m sure I’ll go back to my rightful place being S/E of 95 — spitting snow….34 degrees while N/W is ripping fatties at 28.  :P

Glad the southern part of the forum got a great storm today! I know it's been a while.

Hopefully the next is more region wide.

I always feel a little guilty posting snow obs while other areas are 35  and rain.

Definitely helps being at the M/D line with about 750' in elevation.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic