Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Kudos to you for analyzing those subtle nuances when the choices in outcome are rain, or P. Cloudy....I just can't bring myself to do it.

Lol :lol:   ...I here ya, but I'm into Meteorology scientifically too - not just the experience... I mean I'm not trying to gas-light by saying that - it's just the reason why I bother. 

That said (and all empathy conferred), I'm not so sure that it ends up rain either.  

I mean, let's just make it clear; it's less likely to happen the way the GFS. But, suppose the less odds won, it could correct S to atone the -NAO suppression.  

I also just pointed out...I don't think the Euro is "partly cloudy" ...? That much wind max tunneling under our latitude is likely to induce some light if not middling frontogenic response on the polar side of the wind max axis. The bending of the PP is a tall-tail sign/convergence for there being lift going on overtop... I think that could verify more cloud with mood in the air.  The Euro is 33 at 12z in the interior, then 40 in the aftenroon as is, but if correcting - those are colder.  The Euro could be exactly right, as is, .. no modulation necessary.. But it's differentiated it's surface evolution compared to the 00z, so it's not like it's putting on a great show in the parade of solutions here. It can be modified around it's essence.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Lol :lol:   ...I here ya, but I'm into Meteorology scientifically too - not just the experience... I mean I'm not trying to gas-light by saying that - it's just the reason why I bother. 

That said (and all empathy conferred), I'm not so sure that it ends up rain either.  

I mean, let's just make it clear; it's less likely to happen the way the GFS. But, suppose the less odds won, it could correct S to atone the -NAO suppression.  

I also just pointed out...I don't think the Euro is "partly cloudy" ...? That much wind max tunneling under our latitude is likely to induce some light if not middling frontogenic response on the polar side of the wind max axis. The bending of the PP is a tall-tail sign/convergence for there being lift going on overtop... I think that could verify more cloud with mood in the air.  The Euro is 33 at 12z in the interior, then 40 in the aftenroon as is, but if correcting - those are colder.  The Euro could be exactly right, as is, .. no modulation necessary.. But it's differentiated it's surface evolution compared to the 00z, so it's not like it's putting on a great show in the parade of solutions here. It can be modified around it's essence.

I know...sarcasm was only mild. I do appreciate your zest for meteorology in its purest and most scientific sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think youre hitting 40s with a weak sfc low traveling south of SNE. Maybe if it’s sunny you’ll hit 40F, lol…but not on Xmas day if it remains cloudy. 

I dont know what you consider weak but this looks like sub 990 on its closes pass to my back yard...

There will be a well-defined warm sector with this.

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I dont know what you consider weak but this looks like sub 990 on its closes pass to my back yard...

There will be a well-defined warm sector with this.

Only if you believe a stronger version of the GFS will verify. Even on the GFS solution you aren’t hitting 40s. Maybe the immediate seacoast would but you are inland about 10 miles right? Not a chance west of the CF…and that doesn’t happen during Xmas day either. Would probably be more toward overnight into the 26th. 

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Healthy clown.

floop-gfs-2021122312.sn10_acc.us_ne.gif

I already told my wife I might be heading up to Maine.  We'll see if that look continues--even half that might get me up there this month.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wonder how many times this phrase has been muttered over the years. 

Yes but until recently we knew which deck to draw from.

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I already told my wife I might be heading up to Maine.  We'll see if that look continues--even half that might get me up there this month.

Love it. Probably time to tell my wife I might need to head west for a bit if this pattern continues :lol: 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

“Honey we’re not having Christmas together this year.   I don’t want to miss 3 inches of snow..”

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS had some decent changes for the benefit of weenies. That moves the -PNA trough east a bit. 

Looks like between the 1-5th we get a decent cold shot as the pna lifts out. Perhaps that’s the period to look towards on something more wintry. Unfortunately, the -pna builds back again after that 

416AA944-6C83-4C57-A83E-E210D6FE3F53.png

72699899-132F-45D4-937E-BCE2A3BB3012.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Looks like between the 1-5th we get a decent cold shot as the pna lifts out. Perhaps that’s the period to look towards on something more wintry. Unfortunately, the -pna builds back again after that 

416AA944-6C83-4C57-A83E-E210D6FE3F53.png

72699899-132F-45D4-937E-BCE2A3BB3012.png

We (New England) are ok with that look. It's the current situation which has it positively tilted and digging for oil near Vancouver.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS had some decent changes for the benefit of weenies. That moves the -PNA trough east a bit. 

Yeah improvement at the end. EPS also seems to like the timeframe around New Years for a potential snowier event. Some members have a good thump…OP had a bit too around that time. 

• Like 1