Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The woods behind my house has a ton of oaks...so even though I had the yard pristine 3 weeks ago, there are a lot of stragglers that blew leaves into the yard. Really annoying actually....

But anyways, EPS going full nuclear into January is nice:

Dec15_12zEPS360.png

Fwiw - I don't see any difference wrt to the GEFs that offer much distraction.   Both EPS/GEFs means even quasi manifest a polar cut flow ...centered ~ D10 .

As is typically the case ... by 300 hours the mean starts to look increasingly annular around the hemisphere, bleeding out the nodes toward entropy ..etc.  But, there are still vestiges of the D10 echoing through the disarray of those vast extended frames... so..

short version?  cross guidance support about as far as can be seen in the future...  That looks like an emerging threat for an arctic outbreak like old school - that's the scaffolding anyway..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Nothing better than being with a beautiful lady while its S+ outside, best of both worlds.

Like walking back home in college at UVM in Burlington at 2am while it’s dumping with a girl….

”You seem cheery, you excited I invited you back to my place for the night?”

“Sure, but I’m also stoked the flow is blocked and the snow has backed up into the Champlain Valley…”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

51 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Will, What are your thoughts on the southern Greens for the weekend, Stratton/Mount Snow?

I think that is a great spot. Prob at least high end advisory snows (4-6”) but could be a bit more. 

We’ll see how this trends in the final couple days. My gut is this bumps a little north but maybe becomes juicier. Hopefully no ZR there. Sleet isn’t a big deal for the resorts if that happens for a time. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

absolutely unreal. you could be outside enjoying the beautiful December day with sun peaking through, run inside to use the bathroom for 2 minutes, and go back out and trees are down everywhere and the sun is back out

New England weather is boring AF. Give me a break with the “harsh” New England weather nonsense. We have no severe, no canes, and ok some snow. Big deal compared to what these other places get. I know there is the one in 20 year cane and some nor’easters......but we have it easy when you think of it. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

New England weather is boring AF. Give me a break with the “harsh” New England weather nonsense. We have no severe, no canes, and ok some snow. Big deal compared to what these other places get. I know there is the one in 20 year cane and some nor’easters......but we have it easy when you think of it. 

We were talking about that the other day in the office... how ice storms and occasional high wind or flash flooding is a "threat" here... but no matter what, those who experience TOR threats on the regular are on a whole other level.  Tornadoes, high-end severe storms, and hurricanes are the apex predators of the weather world.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Absolutely agreed...100%. Our weather is quite tame when you look at other parts of the country. I mean when they get blizzards in the Plains...they get blizzards. Portions of highways will be shut down and the videos are absolutely wild. Visibility is zero. These places make our snow look meh and they certainly make our severe weather look even more meh 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Absolutely agreed...100%. Our weather is quite tame when you look at other parts of the country. I mean when they get blizzards in the Plains...they get blizzards. Portions of highways will be shut down and the videos are absolutely wild. Visibility is zero. These places make our snow look meh and they certainly make our severe weather look even more meh 

We’ll to be fair…the Plains is the Severe Capital of the world! But ya…our weather is benign for the most part compared to out there for sure.  

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We were talking about that the other day in the office... how ice storms and occasional high wind or flash flooding is a "threat" here... but no matter what, those who experience TOR threats on the regular are on a whole other level.  Tornadoes, high-end severe storms, and hurricanes are the apex predators of the weather world.

I couldn’t live in a high TOR area.   I actually have a phobia of them 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

We’ll to be fair…the Plains is the Severe Capital of the world! But ya…our weather is benign for the most part compared to out there for sure.  

It’s not just severe. We don’t have the high end stuff that many other parts of the country get.  We do snow and maybe a few strong nor’easters.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We do severe fairly well out here which is scary but agree, we live in a fairly docile weather zone. Although those ice storms and droughts in NECT have become more extreme.

• Haha 2