• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

3 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah, that map is definitely wrong, especially here, about 25 miles north of Syracuse, where it's showing 2-3" currently otg. I don't have my glasses on, so I can't see shit, lol! Doesn't there have to be 1" other the morning of Christmas for it to be a White Christmas? If thats the case, I don't think anywhere will verify accept those that live on the Tug and perhaps South of KBUF but IDK about that area.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Syracuse and Baldwinsville have a couple inches on the ground. I think you guys missed out a bit up there. :(

8 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Officially, it has to be an inch or more on the ground at 7 am Christmas morning to be labeled a "White Christmas." But I think we're going with midnight on here. :)

Cold air holding on so far in Syracuse with 31 degrees and freezing rain.

Trace of snow here at 0700. The 1.5" of fake snow we got here didn't survive the sun yesterday and the 0.06," of Sizzling rain overnight.  Merry Christmas anyway!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Overnight warmth and heavy rain wiped out our snow. It looks like early May. 
Anyway, 6z GFS is advertising a true shift in the pattern. We’ll see if it’s a blip. Over 14 days away. image.thumb.png.5cc761807f786ceebaaa49c98327e0e1.png

Believe it  when I see the goods on the ground.  Last several  seasons  7-10 days out looking  like a good set up only to have the rug pulled out from underneath us.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas everyone!  Just got back in from a long hike with the dog in steady freezing rain, temp at 30 degrees (Chaumont). Don’t recall hiking in these conditions before. Dog’s black fur turned to silver from the icicles (pretty cool). My jacket was covered in a layer of ice when I got back (also pretty cool). Not exactly ideal hiking conditions but at least it had a winter element! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

What the “season with out a winter thread”? “How one man in the TugHill changed an entire sub forum’s winters? Cliff diving without a parachute?

We look to have a bottom 5 total snowfall December, you can see how those other seasons finished. You can't really look at anything pre 1940 though.

https://www.weather.gov/buf/BUF_top10

https://www.weather.gov/buf/BuffaloSnow

Yup doesn't  look good. I didn't  look at all years & months just the most recent failures as they seem most relevant in our "new winters". 15/16 &11/12 both low December  snow and the rest of the season  was a bust. 06/07 did not end up with a lot either if you take away the October  snow. Only real modern exception is 14/15