• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Where I am at in Central PA all the poster in the Susquehanna Valley are reporting moderate snowfall with ground coverings. Here? Heavy VIRGA. Barely a flurry. Lol

Same here. Occasional flurry is all so far. Meanwhile the temp has risen from 27 to 31 now. Likely going to be a non-event down here.

1279320531_WUNIDS_map-2021-12-27T111304_147.gif.d0fc2d832efaba00be90704415ddee53.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Gfs is cutter and then suppression. Lmao. Hopefully its the gfs loosing things in mid range.

Yeah that's the worst case scenario but entirely possible. That first cutter could really mess things up. But if accurately depicted, the GFS was still pretty close to producing a phased bomb for the 2nd storm. Going to take a few days to see how that energy in the SW unfolds.

500hv.conus (8).png

22 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Gfs is cutter and then suppression. Lmao. Hopefully its the gfs loosing things in mid range.

Yeah, then it gets "cold" and dry. Not much lake effect. Then you can see the ridge trying to push back in. If we don't see anything different by the end of next week, I will be about ready to call it another dud of another winter. Who knows...we could get a month of good winter like last year, but a month of REAL winter just doesn't do it for me. I guess this is what our winters have become.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Yeah that’s about the extent of it…or becoming a ghost hunter or Bigfoot hunter…at least with those there’s always the thrill of the chase…BTW the 12z doubled down and ALL systems are warm cutters. 

Makes some sense. Trough west, ridge east, it all goes N&W as the trough temporarily slides eastward.

• Like 1

The GFS really wasn't far off from being more wintry this weekend. It doesn't make it a huge cutter. It makes it our typical front-end mix ending as some rain. I think that's going to be our pattern/systems for the winter. 1 to 3 inches of slush/mix to rain showers...then mild around 40 until the next one comes through.

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The GFS really wasn't far off from being more wintry this weekend. It doesn't make it a huge cutter. It makes it our typical front-end mix ending as some rain. I think that's going to be our pattern/systems for the winter. 1 to 3 inches of slush/mix to rain showers...then mild around 40 until the next one comes through.

Look on the bright side. Only 3 more months of "this" to endure. With Odin's blessing we'll be breaking out the suntan lotion early next year!  :lmao:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Look on the bright side. Only 3 more months of "this" to endure. With Odin's blessing we'll be breaking out the suntan lotion early next year!  :lmao:

Ha! If "this" is what winters are going to be for the next couple decades, I may actually take my wife up on moving to the south. An inch of slush that melts in a couple hours followed by days of dreary 40 degree rain is.........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

This is the first year I’ve ridden my bicycle in December. Maybe I can extend that to January and February. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Melt away. I'll be creating a new and improved thread later this week after this warmup. It snowed lightly all morning here, pretty wintry. 

I saw a couple of grainy flakes outside. I think they were mistakes.  We will need a new 2022 thread soon enough. It's pretty much the same sh*t as the past two winters.  But, we can put new lipstick on an old pig for sure.