• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Who is the third person? I know one is me and one is you! Hahaha. Is there a sadistic nurse in the asylum?

That is where everybody inserts themselves. :P It's not just you and me these days... the melts are increasing. I'm moving into the next stage: acceptance...that we are in eternal November.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Checking out the Baldwinsville webcam, it looks like they're getting a very nice snow shower there right now with dusting #433432 forming. Absolute virga fest all day here at my parents in Danville, PA.

Can confirm dusting. Decent flakes size the past hour or so...

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

That is where everybody inserts themselves. :P It's not just you and me these days... the melts are increasing. I'm moving into the next stage: acceptance...that we are in eternal November.

Don't be dissing November! We've had our best seasonal snowstorms in November more than once recently.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Don't be dissing November! We've had our best seasonal snowstorms in November more than once recently.  

Well, you know me... I'd prefer a snowfall that lasts on the ground longer than 24 hours after it stops. I know November may be appealing to you though with its 60 to 70 degree pool days.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think we may have a GW problem. I had to make that bolded as its the most insane stat I've seen in awhile.

#Kodiak obliterated the daily record by TWENTY degrees, It is the warmest temperature on record for anytime between October 5th and April 21st..

Meanwhile seattle has a high in the 20s...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think we may have a GW problem. I had to make that bolded as its the most insane stat I've seen in awhile.

#Kodiak obliterated the daily record by TWENTY degrees, It is the warmest temperature on record for anytime between October 5th and April 21st..

It’s only 21 in Fairbanks. 

They did break their record low though.

TEMPERATURE (F)                                                          
 YESTERDAY                                                           
  MAXIMUM         31    546 AM  62    1980  46    -15       50       
  MINIMUM         20R  1109 PM  22 

• Like 1

Nothing compares with the bolded though, I don't think you guys know how big of a deal that is. It means Dec 27th is the warmer than anytime in history on Oct 5th and April 21st, Fall/Spring. That is just insanity....

Go south to Antartica for your cold young man.

• Haha 1

They did break their record low though.

TEMPERATURE (F)                                                          
 YESTERDAY                                                           
  MAXIMUM         31    546 AM  62    1980  46    -15       50       
  MINIMUM         20R  1109 PM  22 

The good news is it means there's still cold air being displaced. I think Antarctica just had one of its coldest winters on record. I think if GW ever started to run away you'd stop seeing anomalies like that.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Nothing compares with the bolded though, I don't think you guys know how big of a deal that is. It means Dec 27th is the warmer than anytime in history on Oct 5th and April 21st, Fall/Spring. That is just insanity....

Wonder if they had some crazy atmospheric anomaly, down sloping winds, valley feedback, etc...

35 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Some epic melts on the forum today.

Emperor Palpatine - Evil Laugh GIF - Evil Laugh Star Wars Sith - Discover &  Share GIFs

27 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

All forums in East melting. Yesterday's NWP 949 mb lunacy was the trigger.

The New Englanders are melting about others melting.... lol

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I won't even post the Euro weeklies because @rochesterdavehates all models and if I post them he might :cliff: if they don't come to fruition

Hmmm...this comment errs of @rochesterdave perhaps moving up in the meltdown ranks... :P 

Hey, if you can't get anything to freeze...you join in on the melting. That's what I used to always say (as of 10 seconds ago).

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The New Englanders are melting about others melting.... lol

Hmmm...this comment errs of @rochesterdave perhaps moving up in the meltdown ranks... :P 

Hey, if you can't get anything to freeze...you join in on the melting. That's what I used to always say (as of 10 seconds ago).

Live look in @rochesterdaveviewing the latest Euro runs. :lmao:

Screenshot_20211227-171509_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 4