• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

20 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Melt away. I'll be creating a new and improved thread later this week after this warmup. It snowed lightly all morning here, pretty wintry. 

We had all of about 45 minutes of “winter “ this morning and now has flipped to freezing rain/sleet…where else would you rather be than right here right now!!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The GFS is struggling worse than I've ever seen it. Would probably only stick with Euro and EPS which goes out 10 days, ignore the rest. The run to run changes are insane. 

Well in fairness, even the Euro is struggling mightily. The 0z run sent the first storm south of NYS while all the rest of the models continued to show a cutter, and now 12z Euro is back to the general idea of the first storm cutting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Well in fairness, even the Euro is struggling mightily. The 0z run sent the first storm south of NYS while all the rest of the models continued to show a cutter, and now 12z Euro is back to the general idea of the first storm cutting. 

The GEFS are struggling, all OP models will have insane run to run variance beyond 3-4 days. The EPS has been much better. 

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

On the bright side (?) we are getting our quasi-daily burst of Trace amounts of snowfall attm.

It was a flizzard fest for 30 minutes here and briefly coated the ground and was just starting to stick to the pavement before it shut off. What stuck to the grass is mostly melted now. I think ROC 1" lead is safe for another day.

• Haha 1