• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

Just a matter of time before the snow averages come down. I think it impacts us less off Erie as our lake freezes, Ontario provides it all winter. Without consistent LES all winter its tough to get the averages that we get here in NYS. The last 30 year average didn't do that but I expect the next one to be the lowest of the bunch.

Sorry to be the debbie downer on Christmas. Was just doing some climate research with some extra time

54 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Gotta figure in temp readings of where they are taken. Bet you most of this in past 20 years is urbanization. Also changing variables of how Temps are measured. Can be tinkered with.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just a matter of time before the snow averages come down. I think it impacts us less off Erie as our lake freezes, Ontario provides it all winter. Without consistent LES all winter its tough to get the averages that we get here in NYS. The last 30 year average didn't do that but I expect the next one to be the lowest of the bunch.

Sorry to be the debbie downer on Christmas. Was just doing some climate research with some extra time

When are the new guidelines to be  set? We definitely  need to reset the parameters that our weather averages are based on.

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Buf NWS just posted this. Looks like 5 of the warmest all time years will have come since 2006.

May be an image of text that says 'Rank 1 2 2012-52.7° 3 2021- 4 5 6 1921-52.1° 1931-52.0° 2006-51.9° 2016- 51.5° 7 Mean Average Temperature January 1st through December 24th Buffalo Rochester Watertown Year (F) Year (F) Year °F) -52.4° 2012-49.9° 1953 -48.8° 1998-48.6° 2021 -48.2° 2020-48.2 2020 2006 -47.9° 1998-51.3° 1952-47.8° 2021-51.1 2011-47.6° 47.6° 1973-51.0° 1990- 1990-47.6° Weather Forecast Office Buffalo, New York 2020-51.9° 2016-51.5° 1998-51.5° 1998- 006-51.2 1921-51.2 1991-51.1° 1949-50.9° 8 2017-51.3° 9 NEATHER Period of Record Buffalo& Rochester 1871 to present Watertown 1949 to present'

@SouthBuffaloSteve Now might be a good time to call out KBUF on its higher than normal readings with all the data you've accumulated. 2020 in Rochester doesn't even make the top 10, but its Buffalos 2nd warmest on record. One of the 2 stations is reading incorrect. Watertown is kind of middle of the road with temps with both 2020 and 2021 showing up.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2021 at 11:17 PM, TugHillMatt said:

We don't...but a couple individuals who love to chatter and antagonize (from other subforums and Off-Topic) decided they didn't like our non-weather-related discussion. One of them, a moderator, decided to take it upon oneself to control what is discussed...and started deleting posts and giving warnings. I believe Luke got one? Not sure who else.

No, the furnace came two days earlier when we hit 67 degrees. lol

Yep I got banned for the last week because someone didn’t agree with my posts on transgenders decimating woman’s sports in our banter thread…

:facepalm:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Yep I got banned for the last week because someone didn’t agree with my posts on transgenders decimating woman’s sports in our banter thread…

Welcome back.

We haven't always agreed about things but I enjoy this forum because people are respectful and remain good natured even in disagreement.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Ah, now we know...the rest of the story. (extra Paul Harvey, for those of us old enough to remember him).

Go Bucks!  :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Let’s keep the banter on the other page. Maybe start a different one if you feel you’re being ‘unfairly’ moderated. 

Does Banter include the egregious waste of time that we will all engage in for the next few days until the GooFuS takes the football away again?

• Haha 3