Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

26 minutes ago, hammerz_nailz said:

Yea long outages suck. We lost power for 2 weeks after Gloria and it was hot and humid afterword for several days. My son was about 2 months old and I remember it being freaking hot. No fan, no ac and no water. We had to drive to in-laws 10 miles away to get tubs of water just for flushing the toilet. I bought a generator shortly after and would never be without one. 

I bought one after the halloween snow storm, went without power for 6 days and it was down in the 20;s every night. Melted snow near my woodstove to flush the toilet. I m prepared if we ever lose it again.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kevin finally smartened up and got one. Don't know how he will live without AC though lol

It’s not wired to the house though.  I can only power the two fridges (beer super important) and some lights and maybe downstairs AC. I have a mechanic neighbor coming to help tomorrow 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I bought one after the halloween snow storm, went without power for 6 days and it was down in the 20;s every night. Melted snow near my woodstove to flush the toilet. I m prepared if we ever lose it again.

Warmer weather is definitely better if you’re going to lose power for days. I know we lost power during the ice storm in 1973.  Not sure for how long but I know it was several days. Pipes froze all over the house and did considerable damage. My dad had 4 or 5 big tropical fish tanks and all the fish died. We had fireplaces but they didn’t help for warming the house, just close radiant heat. 

3 minutes ago, hammerz_nailz said:

Warmer weather is definitely better if you’re going to lose power for days. I know we lost power during the ice storm in 1973.  Not sure for how long but I know it was several days. Pipes froze all over the house and did considerable damage. My dad had 4 or 5 big tropical fish tanks and all the fish died. We had fireplaces but they didn’t help for warming the house, just close radiant heat. 

Was in kindergarten when that ice storm hit in December of ‘73, still remember sitting in front of and sleeping by the fireplace.  We cooked potatoes in foil under the coals…what a great memory though. 

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic