SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice writeup on SCW

Thanks. 

Here's the writeup for anyone interested. First call tonight. Final tomorrow. 

https://www.southernconnecticutweather.com/forecasters-discussion/high-impact-event-expected-in-connecticut-as-tropical-storm-henri-approaches-new-england-this-weekendscw-first-call-forecast

Seeing 65-70kt FL winds now in that SE convection.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. 

https://www.southernconnecticutweather.com/forecasters-discussion/high-impact-event-expected-in-connecticut-as-tropical-storm-henri-approaches-new-england-this-weekendscw-first-call-forecast

yeah just saw that...not too bad. If this thing does get its act together its primed to strengthen pretty quickly. Looks like the NHC never has it getting above 75 mph but idk...get this thing to be more stacked and not tilted and this could blow up like 20-25 knots 

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. 

Nice job. This eases my worry some compared to the alerts I was receiving on my phone earlier and Upton’s AFD where they went bonkers on a life threatening impact. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah just saw that...not too bad. If this thing does get its act together its primed to strengthen pretty quickly. Looks like the NHC never has it getting above 75 mph but idk...get this thing to be more stacked and not tilted and this could blow up like 20-25 knots 

NHC has it get to 85 mph, which suggests that it will get its act together in the next 12 hours or so as shear decreases. Once it does it then becomes a question of whether it will maximize potential in the environment. We put 75 mph at landfall out in our first call, but these intensity forecasts always have be leery when a system is trying so hard in a hostile environment like the last 24 hours. 

• Like 1

Grew up in Massapequa NY, was there for Hurricane Belle, spent some Summers in North Quincy with my Grandma, $5 bleachers for the Red Sox (switch to Kenmore Square train at Park Street), NY forum doesn't like slight shift East w/ 18Z models, well, oh, 2 different 2 week vacations in Harwichport.  Or, unless completely OTS, I can't lose.

In Texas, the ridge driving Grace into Mexico, today was first day w/ no sea breeze storms, barely any flat cumulus.  I'm not as fond of no electricity for 5 or 10 days as I was as a kid. 

08L_tracks_latest_I_am_ok.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

NHC has it get to 85 mph, which suggests that it will get its act together in the next 12 hours or so as shear decreases. Once it does it then becomes a question of whether it will maximize potential in the environment. We put 75 mph at landfall out in our first call, but these intensity forecasts always have be leery when a system is trying so hard in a hostile environment like the last 24 hours. 

ahh yes my mistake...they have it get to 85 mph. yeah that's what has me a bit nervous...this thing never really weakened or lost its characteristics in the hostile environment. So who knows what happens moving into the AM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice job. This eases my worry some compared to the alerts I was receiving on my phone earlier and Upton’s AFD where they went bonkers on a life threatening impact. 

Even if this comes in a little stronger I think wind is likely to be second to rainfall. Problem is that I think even with lower possible winds the tree damage will still get done due to saturated soils and the long duration gusts. 

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic