Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, wx_observer said:

And whomever decided that a tropical system with sustained winds of 39+ was worthy of a warning to begin with…

The initial scale was developed by Herbert Saffir, a structural engineer, who in 1969 went on commission for the United Nations to study low-cost housing in hurricane-prone areas.[7] While conducting the study, Saffir realized there was no simple scale for describing the likely effects of a hurricane. Mirroring the utility of the Richter magnitude scale for describing earthquakes, he devised a 1–5 scale based on wind speed that showed expected damage to structures. Saffir gave the scale to the NHC, and Simpson added the effects of storm surge and flooding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Hype, hype, hype.. 

It really isn't information that anyone can use...Especially the day before a storm. People who are prepared with generators were prepared well before (with the exception of a few last minute generator sales at Lowes.). Eversource is preparing regardless of the pretty colors.  All that map does is add additional stress to those who don't have alternative power sources.

Last evening TWC was mentioning dangerous storm surge in Boston.....only if this happens...

Dive Summer Vibes GIF - Dive Summer Vibes Pool GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Nah dude, you're right.

It's nothing more than a light shower.

You've outsmarted all of the media and meteorologists tracking the storm

Dude. You seem to be assigning me thoughts and feelings I don't have.

This has been very well forecast imo. I was aware of a threat and prepared. It doesn't need to be on the upper end of a range of possibilities for that preparation to make sense. Indeed, a tree could still fall on my house, though I tend to doubt it. I don't think I know anything much, not am I second guessing anyone. 

I can however look at radar, as well as a weather station, and a window. I'm not rip and reading qpf, but I'm also simply not seeing where crazy wind intensity is going to come from, here, right here, the only place I made a comment about.

I'm not talking about busts. I'm not whining, I'm not talking about anywhere else. I said I'd briefly pass through the edge of the small core of the storm as it deteriorated, and thereafter there will be little rain.  

Thats a statement of fact. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I have read like 8 of your posts this morning complaining that decent posters are whining . You seem to be the one getting defensive that they aren’t more concerned . Who cares 

Folks are frustrated, tracking a weak nor'easter for days that won't be memorable. After so much hope .  Understandable

5 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

allot of anger in here.. geez..

pouring tropical rain here

:lol:  ...welcome to "weather forum-sphere" when it comes to anything tropical.

I've been staying sort of clear this morning.   I may drive-bye pot shot some statements to occasionally, just to keep the rage smoldering - haha...

But seriously, going all the way back to Wright Weather... then Eastern, and since over the last 10 years in this social media, who knows why but tropical weather monitoring always tended to conjure bad behavior and/or erosion of "internet congeniality" with far greater proficiency than the run-o-the-mill thread purpose. - said congeniality completely escapes inside of 10 pages of content, most typically.   I credit ours for remaining more civil?  But that is probably owing to the fact that there isn't as much foot traffic in a "New England Tropical" anything, for obvious reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

:lol:  ...welcome to "weather forum-sphere" when it comes to anything tropical.

I've been staying sort of clear this morning.   I may drive-bye pot shot some statements to occasionally, just to keep the rage smoldering - haha...

But seriously, going all the way back to Wright Weather... then Eastern, in since over the last 10 years in this social media, who knows why but tropical weather monitoring always tended to conjure bad behavior across the spectrum of "internet congeniality" - this latter aspect is completely escaping inside of 10 pages of content, most typically.   I credit ours for remaining more civil?  But that is probably owing to the fact that there isn't as much foot traffic in a "New England Tropical" anything, for obvious reasons. 

yeah, I get that I guess.  Even this is kind of cool, tropical rains with rotating bands, 40-50mph gusts, I'm cool with that.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Not downplaying the potential flood threat here in CT…but after all the hype I’m the past 48 hours…gotta admit this weather alert from NBC is pretty funny

5479c5b497bc9305a36c8ece3dce73ce.jpg

The hype is out of control.  Non stop coverage for what will essentially be a rainstorm in Most of CT lolololol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1