Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Some posters on here are incredible. Whining from an area expected to see widespread damage and outages.

You can interpret it as a whine if you want. Every single forecast leading up to this showed a very stark west to east cut off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Historic lol. Yikes on that map 

Hype, hype, hype.. 

It really isn't information that anyone can use...Especially the day before a storm. People who are prepared with generators were prepared well before (with the exception of a few last minute generator sales at Lowes.). Eversource is preparing regardless of the pretty colors.  All that map does is add additional stress to those who don't have alternative power sources.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Sat and rad give me the impression that over the last 45 minutes or so Henri's approach is slowing down.  Some times these are just wobbles and time will tell, but 'wobbling' is usual a sign that a course correction is about to take place, too. 

I don't know.  I was just musing to self ... if this thing stalled off Montauk having never actually made landfall ... like anywhere?  Then it limps east as it dies .. that might be the most deliciously hysterical result yet -

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Southeast page lurker here: I’d ease up on calling it a “bust.” The core of the wind is still well offshore and I’m afraid some of you are about to find out just how little wind is required to do damage when you’ve already had a ton of rain. Even 30-45 mph sustained with higher gusts will be a huge issue inland. Anyways. Carry on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

If you rip and read a qpf map you'd be right

Ok man, it's going to be epic. I'm in the eyewall now. 

I take it all back. The rain is literally splattering me as I write this from my porch. I'll begin chaining myself to the deck chair, it's quite breezy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Ok man, it's going to be epic. I'm in the eyewall now. 

I take it all back. The rain is literally splattering me as I write this from my porch. I'll begin chaining myself to the deck chair, it's quite breezy.

Nah dude, you're right.

It's nothing more than a light shower.

You've outsmarted all of the media and meteorologists tracking the storm

• Like 1