Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Recon is going through some of the convection so keep that in mind, but Henri looks robust. Small area with 55-62kt FL winds and unflagged 58-59kt SFMR. 

I sort of agree ...

But, it would look more fairly "robust" imh, if it did not appear like a comet due to shear.   I've seen Caribbean menaces on satellite with insidious inky black to pink vomit tops spread out over apocalyptic spans ... Plane gets in there,                          45 kts, mostly in the N side or something.

I mean those examples don't necessitate a diagnosis now, no.  Lol.. Point is, let us not beguile for these satellite cinemas... They to often lie. 

That said, what I do agree or nod to that, is the aspect longevity in the face of hostile incurring force of stress.  Whether one looks at a loop from 36 hours ago or now, they couldn't really tell them apart. It's been exceptionally stable in it's ability to hold in there ... 65 or 70 mph and 996-like pressure well, regardless of tilted chimney and appearing like seaweed wrapping backward around a tide current. 

That is kind of a 'robustness' in its own right, really...     But this also leaps an anecdotal sort of observation to mind. It's been discussed in all ranks.  It's the notion that systems that 'weather' ( pun that has no choice but said... Now that's an interesting pun ) hostility and then encounter favorable environments later on, tend to respond and flower and go nuts more proficiently ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The hook west still has a small wind field. It's not the ET transition quite yet. Also, most models are minimal cat 1. 

Yup ...add that to dizzying array of components to this thing.   Is the timing of the ET even right...

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Tip of LI in in for a wallop.

Yeah they would get hammered very hard. Would be pretty ugly there.

I would think on this solution a good part of CT could be looking at 40-50 mph gusts and 60-70 mph along the shoreline. Then we introduce the rain/flooding. Thankfully this weakens quickly but any convective bands are going to locally enhance damaging winds. 

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That UKMET solution from last 0z last night.  That appears would be far worse than Sandy to me.

19 hours ago, SandySurvivor said:

I expect impacts of worse than Sandy but not as severe as the 1938 storm 

Good to see my estimate of the storm impact is gaining traction now among the meteorology community. 

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 10

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

NAM definitely shifted it's track E.

Nam is too weak with it which has major implications with how it interacts with trough to the west. 

This is why models showing a stronger storm are further west. However if Henri doesn't get stronger than a 75-80mph hurricane then I'd buy it. 

C/E LI into CT still seem the most likely to me.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What happened in Clinton, MA yesterday may just be a warm up....one aspect that will be pretty prevalent IMO is tornado risk, and its being glossed over.

Will and I were discussing that last night, AGREED... 

Folks'll need to come down off the 'we may not get the direct goods' disappointment first, but the old adage of not focusing on the exact position comes into play.

A compromised track that goes NW or NNW through say ISP-HFD as a rought axis, probably sends E0F .. E1F tornado swarm over all of RI and central/E Ma and southern NH.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

You five posted yet? Should be

I am one of the most skilled tropical forecasters on this board.  I was ringing alarm bells about hurricane conditions in SNE and RFQ impacts well before anyone else on this board.  You have to give credit where it is due.

I shouldn't be five posted just because I have skill in forecasting these events. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 4

3 minutes ago, SandySurvivor said:

I am one of the most skilled tropical forecasters on this board.  I was ringing alarm bells about hurricane conditions in SNE and RFQ impacts well before anyone else on this board.  You have to give credit where it is due.

I shouldn't be five posted just because I have skill in forecasting these events. 

Wussup Akeem

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Tropical caveats for the NAM apply

Heh... right - sure they do.   Until it shows an ISP to EEN track at 920 mb, then, '...There are circumstances where this guidance can be trusted though'

lol...  J/k...   There are in fact circumstances where it can be trust ... though tropics and interacting tropical phenomenon with the westerly complexity is not one of those circumstances.

• Haha 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic