Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

55 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I feel like BOX has been running a little high, but even 80% of that is a ton.

Yeah I just had a couple minutes to look at some PWS…supports your 80% theory.  Radar off by about an inch, but that’s 5” instead of 6” lol.

Eastford site with 5.11” today :lol:.

Several Ashford sites 3.50-4.75”.

That is an insane amount of water to come on top of all the soakings already.

47 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Best summer ever.

It gives me the summer of 96 kind of feeling. Ever since that last heat event near the end of June it seems it's just been downright horrid for summer in NE. My former haunt in NNE near IZG hasn't gotten nearly the amount of rain SNE has had, but it's still been quite miserable for summer standards - no need to even use AC for 3 weeks. When the PC has no 80s for the entire forecast period in July, you know it's time to throw in the towel and "better luck next year," given how short the season is in that part of NNE.

It's not just the gloom, but the constant rain makes going outside miserable because of all the biting bugs. I've noticed through some years of observations that a stronger WAR isn't always the best thing for summer, it seems all the parameters have to line up just right for that to happen, otherwise it ends up inviting the kind of misery of the last few weeks as NE sits in the battleground. The better choice in that case is the constant NW flow with canadian HPs because at least then, while the dewpoints won't be reflective of summer, there will be lots more sunshine.

Even here in AZ it's been kind of an odd July, we've been struggling to hit 100 as of late and the other day we could barely manage low 90s.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Stein has returned here...0.20" so far here today, missed inches of rain by 5 miles, now everything heavy is to the  NW. It probably is alright though, 8.5" in the first 10 days of the month should keep the groundwater levels high for ever.

Fyp

• Haha 1