Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Miller’s Falls in Franklin County, MA on CoCoRAHS coming in with 5.63” :lol:.

More rain in a day than we’ve had this whole summer by far up north.

Kevin (prob others too) has had more rain in 18 days than some  N VT cocorahs stations have had total precip since 1/1/21 :lol: Almost a full 7 months worth..ha.

I've only had a piddly 6" in July.

6 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Kevin (prob others too) has had more rain in 18 days than some  N VT cocorahs stations have had total precip since 1/1/21 :lol: Almost a full 7 months worth..ha.

I've only had a piddly 6" in July.

Yeah no thanks, I’m already pissed that it’s raining today lol.  Need to figure out when I can get outside for a couple hours, hopefully this crap can turn off by midday.  Mountain bike and hiking trails don’t need water.  It’s been so good and dry.  Snowboarding legend Jeremy Jones was in Stowe recently commenting about how good and dry the dirt is in NVT for biking this past week.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Miller’s Falls in Franklin County, MA on CoCoRAHS coming in with 5.63” :lol:.

More rain in a day than we’ve had this whole summer by far up north.

Thru yesterday I've had 5.99" since May 1, and 17.28" for the year.  Another 0.23" as of 7 this morning.

• Like 1

I bet some sort of a scenario-scaled 'attribution study' or science would evince this 'wet 10 days' as physically connected to CC.

Looking at these guidance initializations, ... regardless of which, the non-hydrostatic height signatures do not support this incredible output.  582 trough?   trough! ...we've had temps in the high 90s with open blue sky in that height.  Heights in the western N/A coupled balance are only 594 - impressive in the scalar value, but not in the field differentials.

580 height nadirs with a single isohyspes circumnavigating, nested inside 588 mean domain depth: That is simple lacking mechanics to product rain output at this mass loading.

I really believe the culprit from any said study would likely expose:    a weak systemic triggering + excessive PWAT.

You get "synergistic" feed backs ( so to speak) where results tend to go beyond predictive modeling. 

Larger PWAT in the ambience is one of the most consistently recurring consequence that "precipitates" ( haha) out of climate change modeling ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ayer Annihilater?

LOL

altho we're actually sorta kinda missing out here I'm noticing.  Oh, our hydro's up - no question. But we aren't topping ponds over adjacent fields, and town streams and brooks are just healthy flows.  In fact, the Nashua rivers still pretty much in its banks. I'll probably dweeb check it later - it flows 2.5 miles from my house.

Muse: this area of Nashoba Valley is an effluvial plain. I was told that by civil engineers/geologists when came down our neighborhood drilling core samples over concerns for Arsenic contamination run-off from the old Fort Devans military landfill.  Apparently they were hitting strata of sand and pete-debris ...sedimentary layers that are some inches thick and could only be that massive if there was some kind of catastrophic thing.  20 feet deep super lake here.   Probably needs 300" snow year ending with 90 F heat and a typhoon in March some how some way... lol 

Anyway, I'm willing to hunch that the 10 day cumulative has a relative min in this region of N. Middlesex Co.