Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter 2021

doncat

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

they are noxious.  large, quickish, stupid insects, and there's forty billion of them.

i hate that Mars shit, has anyone told any of these people there's no water or oxygen on Mars?

i hope that one day, that alien lizard muppet Jeff Bezos is crossing the street when he's hit by Elon Musk's self-driving Tesla bus, which then promptly self-engulfs in a massive lithium fire.  they are two peas in a pod and i hope the pod is full of bedbugs.

rclab i don't even want to wake up tomorrow and you're looking forward to 103.  do you have any idea how many election cycles that is.

Bezos has a car in orbit lol.....the Tesla Roadster.

NASA has a machine there to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen.  Mars' atmosphere is very much like what Earth's was when life first started here.  Actually Mars and Earth started out with very similar conditions.

Just now, LibertyBell said:

NASA has a machine there to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen.  Mars' atmosphere is very much like what Earth's was when life first started here.  Actually Mars and Earth started out with very similar conditions.

Musk put the Roadster in orbit, you probably already knew that and that's a Freudian typo but just saying

look my Serious Opinion About Mars (lol) is that if the private investments yield technology that enable us to deal with the kind of engineering problems that are coming up in the next 30 years, well that's great.  but otherwise what the f are these people trying to do.  there isn't going to be a civilization there.  the kind of work necessary pales in comparison to making Earth some kind of environmental paradise and nobody's doing that.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Musk put the Roadster in orbit, you probably already knew that and that's a Freudian typo but just saying

look my Serious Opinion About Mars (lol) is that if the private investments yield technology that enable us to deal with the kind of engineering problems that are coming up in the next 30 years, well that's great.  but otherwise what the f are these people trying to do.  there isn't going to be a civilization there.  the kind of work necessary pales in comparison to making Earth some kind of environmental paradise and nobody's doing that.

I just like that Gen Z has taken off the climate change fight.

The old people failed and they just need to step aside and let the people who will spend the most time on the planet make the decisions.

and yes Musk lol

I still have problems saying Musk without thinking of an Ox.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1424870797668196358

13 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I have the answer...move all the earths people to Mars...by the time Mars is polluted the earth will have clensed itself...then we move back and repeat the process...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, uncle W said:

I have the answer...move all the earths people to Mars...by the time Mars is polluted the earth will have clensed itself...then we move back and repeat the process...

lol thats awesome and would probably work.

humans are a virus and climate change is the planet's self-developed cure

Buying a new car is a pain in today's times.  Looking for a 4cyl AWD small suv or sedan.   Something that's good on gas.  I have a 2014 explorer with 66k miles that I will probably give my wife.  I test drove a Kia Seltos, but they are in such high demand people buy them online while they are in transit to the dealership.   These people are paying a few grand over MSRP.  I refuse to.   Also looking at the 2022 Subaru Legacy.    Going to test drive one Saturday.   Looks like my only option is to test drive,  then look online and get lucky to be the first to click to buy on a model and options I want 

lightning is so badass, basically the only thing i look forward to is more lightning.

imagine seeing a bolt of forked electricity go miles through the sky and not thinking that's the coolest thing you ever saw in your entire life.  not only that, it can happen over and over again, sometimes for hours.  just hours of clouds shooting electricity and beating the shit out of everything in their way.  trees, golfers, spotted lanternflies, fish just hanging out in the ocean.  just stupid playthings getting endlessly electrocuted for the crime of being outside at the wrong time.

every time i see a CTG bolt i think, that must've struck something on the ground, and i wonder what the hell that was.

39 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

lightning is so badass, basically the only thing i look forward to is more lightning.

imagine seeing a bolt of forked electricity go miles through the sky and not thinking that's the coolest thing you ever saw in your entire life.  not only that, it can happen over and over again, sometimes for hours.  just hours of clouds shooting electricity and beating the shit out of everything in their way.  trees, golfers, spotted lanternflies, fish just hanging out in the ocean.  just stupid playthings getting endlessly electrocuted for the crime of being outside at the wrong time.

every time i see a CTG bolt i think, that must've struck something on the ground, and i wonder what the hell that was.

just dont want it taking the power out and wrecking my electronics.  everyone needs a lightning rod

33 minutes ago, uncle W said:

the air is polluted...it would be worse back in the day...we have come a long way since the days of air pollution warnings...

polution.jpg

not completely- air pollution is still the leading cause of death and shortening life expectancy, worse than tobacco, thats why NY just switched to electric trucks, replacing diesel and so-called "natural" gas (methane), to control the NO2 pollution and the high rates of asthma because of trucks going in and out of the city.  NY and CA have now both switched to electric trucks, it's about time!

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

not completely- air pollution is still the leading cause of death and shortening life expectancy, worse than tobacco, thats why NY just switched to electric trucks, replacing diesel and so-called "natural" gas (methane), to control the NO2 pollution and the high rates of asthma because of trucks going in and out of the city.  NY and CA have now both switched to electric trucks, it's about time!

bring back the trollies...

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, uncle W said:

Wonderful memory. I took a last ride, accompanied by my grandmother, on the line that terminated at Bush Terminal on 36th street. I still remember the brown trolleys, open sided in summer, that ran along 13th Ave. thanks again, Unc. As always ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Wonderful memory. I took a last ride, accompanied by my grandmother, on the line that terminated at Bush Terminal on 36th street. I still remember the brown trolleys, open sided in summer, that ran along 13th Ave. thanks again, Unc. As always ….

I don't remember ever riding on a trolly...I was seven in 56...they did have them on 69 ST which was close to my block...I lived in Wellsville NY in 1953...I have some faint memories of then especially the snow...

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic