Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter 2021

George BM

6 hours ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Despite only joining this community (cult) in January I would like still like to say happy Birthday to @H2O

3 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Cult?  Cult?!!!!  What are you saying!  We worship snow and cicadas and have unusual rituals/superstitions about storm threads so....oh, wait a minute, nevermind!! :lol:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b8ew6buwg95xfrdmayw

• Like 2

On 5/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

One of my favorite sites is going under. :(

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=Kbwi

Im not sure if this has since been posted, but they have moved that page over to their new site at https://weather.meteostar.com/forecast/sample/?icao=kbwi

Appears to still be a "free" link even though they are moving most of their site to a subscription based format.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snowfan said:

They gave him access to their platform of 1 million followers and then hide behind "this doesn't represent our opinion." LOL. Many of their takes have been problematic for years now, so this is nothing new.

Be careful or capitalweather will come out of hiding and take you to task for this post

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snowfan said:

They gave him access to their platform of 1 million followers and then hide behind "this doesn't represent our opinion." LOL. Many of their takes have been problematic for years now, so this is nothing new.

Yup

10 hours ago, SerialDerecho said:

Im not sure if this has since been posted, but they have moved that page over to their new site at https://weather.meteostar.com/forecast/sample/?icao=kbwi

Appears to still be a "free" link even though they are moving most of their site to a subscription based format.

Hope they work on the design!

• Like 1

My professional sports rooting interests are Reds and Bengals (from as long as I can remember since I grew up in Cincy in the 70s), the Grizzlies in the NBA (was in memphis when they moved there in 2001 and will always be a fan now), and the Os - adopted on moving here in 2009. It has been, for a LOT of those years, rooting for teams that inevitabely disappoint w/ some highs scattered in. 

That said, the Grizzlies win last night over Curry and the Warriors in the play-in game was a fan rooting high that will sustain and nourish me for awhile. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, blueberryfaygo said:

No no.. you actually brought up the vaccine hesitancy thing.. I am simply pointing out that I think that a lot of people who arent getting it.. are doing so  because they do not believe in it.  That they think that there is a better route.  

At any rate.. guess what!  one of my coworkers is in the hospital for COVID.. young/ healthy.  I dont really buy in to a lot of this stuff.. but I guess sometimes people get severe cases.  

Where this position becomes problematic is in the fact that it assumes that these people have done their homework and have a logical reason to believe there is a better route. In my experience with most of the people I know who will not get vaccinated, this is far from the case. 

• Like 1

I was griping about wind yesterday in the garden thread but omg the breeze after dark was delightful! Beautiful evening and first firefly spotted. @mappy in case you're interested in a 1987 cicada report from your general area I happened to talk to someone who was living in White Hall then and they were absolutely smashed. Pummeled. Seems it can vary in short distances but fwiw.

edit: oops shoulda used cicada thread. Apologies to anyone trying to minimize their exposure to cicada chat

• Like 2

Drinking a DFH 90 Min (Imperial) IPA. Have not had this in probably 2 years.

This is a classic. It has that prominent malt backbone I remember, but seems more hoppy, right up front, and straight through to the finish. Dank. I like it better now for some reason. They changed the artwork on the bottle- I wonder if they tweaked the recipe a bit. Probably not. I have just been drinking too many NE style Hazy IPAs lol.

eta- the malty/slightly sweet backbone really balances out the piney/dank hoppy character as this warms. New appreciation for this one. I normally go straight for the beast- the 120.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Only noise around here is farm equipment, and redneck trucks with muffler delete.

Borrowing from the cicada thread.  After a week in Appalachia (WV/TN), anyone who thinks that rural means quiet is very, very wrong.  The loud truck dick-measuring contest is out of control.

• Haha 10

And wtf is with this? Do they really think this looks good? Or they don't understand wheel offset?

It must be a purposeful thing, crazy as it seems. Literally every truck I see around here features this abomination. I remember when cops used to pull you over and hand out inspection tickets for shit like this.

458124_2_2017_f_250_super_duty_ford_stock_stock_american_force_gamma_sf_polished_jpg_d250568da982e5066ec1951738d1234af148b8e3.png

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If they lose this evening it would really surprise me.  AO's contract ended up being a good thing and maybe a bargain depending on how you look at it but do they sign him again if ushered out in 5 games? 

Yes to  resigning him. I think it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic