Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

So much for everyone being so worried about the kids lol

We’ll be sitting the summer out anyway, oh well.

We'll wear a mask anywhere we go with the kids indoors. Not worried about the pool and all that, but you know full well that plenty of unvaccinated folks will go without masks in places that won't require them.

Man...the CDC did such a poor job of communicating this.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We'll wear a mask anywhere we go with the kids indoors. Not worried about the pool and all that, but you know full well that plenty of unvaccinated folks will go without masks in places that won't require them.

Man...the CDC did such a poor job of communicating this.

Same. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Does your mom know you post on a craft beer forum?

Kids today at least have some nice beers to experiment with. Teenagers back in the day were drinking Coors light and Milwaukee's best.

Mostly they just do Jager bombs and other disgusting shit though. They know how to get drunk and puke pretty efficiently these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Kids today at least have some nice beers to experiment with. Teenagers back in the day were drinking Coors light and Milwaukee's best.

Mostly they just do Jager bombs and other disgusting shit though. They know how to get drunk and puke pretty efficiently these days.

I remember when Yuengling Lager was a craft beer in my world. LOL

3 hours ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I'm here for the weather. Also there is no reason to drink from my perspective, it just is a pure negative but I'm fine if others do. I just don't think its a smart idea to ever drink. 

Man.. drinking during my childhood was truly one of best memories of my life.. driving around with the boys.. jumping off the cliffs up in loch raven... Ocean City.. sneaking in to the bars.. 

We even used to have these day drinking parties where instead of going to school we would go to a friends house whose parents were gone for the day and we would get totally smashed!  

Check out the movie Dazed and Confused.. it really is a right of passage.

31 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Man.. drinking during my childhood was truly one of best memories of my life.. driving around with the boys.. jumping off the cliffs up in loch raven... Ocean City.. sneaking in to the bars.. 

We even used to have these day drinking parties where instead of going to school we would go to a friends house whose parents were gone for the day and we would get totally smashed!  

Are you encouraging a minor to drink?

9 hours ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Great advice..... lol

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

They have been great on the road all season. 

Need a bounce back from Monday night. That was a tough pill to take. 2 minutes away from being up 2 -0.

Yup, they just need to forget about that and bring it tonight.  They've shown a ton of grit all season when facing adversity.  It seems unlikely Eller is back tonight which is a huge blow but TBD if Kuzy is back (its his birthday today...a perfect day to score a hat trick for us).

• Like 1

Just now, nj2va said:

Yup, they just need to forget about that and bring it tonight.  They've shown a ton of grit all season when facing adversity.  It seems unlikely Eller is back tonight which is a huge blow but TBD if Kuzy is back (its his birthday today...a perfect day to score a hat trick for us).

I'm not sure what is going on with the Kuzy/Sammy situation.  Everything is so hush hush. It feels like their both in Laviolette's dog house but if Eller is out he may not have much of a choice not to put him back in the line up.

I was reading an article that Eller being out greatly diminishes their chances of shutting down the B's top line. Eller was the perfect fit with his skill set to shut down Marchand's line.

That line got going after Eller was injured.

And Ovechkin needs to get it going after a relatively quite game 2.

Mantha was buzzing in game 2. Could of had 2 or 3 goals if a few of those shots were on net.

21 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'm not sure what is going on with the Kuzy/Sammy situation.  Everything is so hush hush. It feels like their both in Laviolette's dog house but if Eller is out he may not have much of a choice not to put him back in the line up.

I was reading an article that Eller being out greatly diminishes their chances of shutting down the B's top line. Eller was the perfect fit with his skill set to shut down Marchand's line.

That line got going after Eller was injured.

And Ovechkin needs to get it going after a relatively quite game 2.

Mantha was buzzing in game 2. Could of had 2 or 3 goals if a few of those shots were on net.

Yup,  if they are going to win the series without Eller (b/c I agree with you, that 'perfection line' was humming after he left), they need someone else to step up and be a difference maker...whether its through offense or defense.  That could be Mantha -- like you said, he had some great looks.  Or Oshie...Ovi....etc  I also really like Orlov's play this series...we need him to continue that.  Oh, and stop with the stupid turnovers.  

Also - where tf is Backstrom?  He's been quiet too.

@mappy...Saw "Galaxy Quest" the other day, it was on our Netflix list (yeah, a disk!) and happened to come up!  I haven't seen it in a few years, so fun to watch it again and be reminded of the great lines and scenes in there (especially those with Alan Rickman).  I still like the references to the Galaxy Quest TV show being considered "Historical Documents"!!!  LOL!!! :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

@mappy...Saw "Galaxy Quest" the other day, it was on our Netflix list (yeah, a disk!) and happened to come up!  I haven't seen it in a few years, so fun to watch it again and be reminded of the great lines and scenes in there (especially those with Alan Rickman).  I still like the references to the Galaxy Quest TV show being considered "Historical Documents"!!!  LOL!!! :lol:

hahahaha Love it!! @North Balti Zen @H2O and I were all in agreement with this GQ tweet earlier this week :lol: 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic