Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter 2021

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Just cracked open a DFH BBA WWS, after being outside doing yard work on this very pleasant day. 

Those who think it was "too cold/too windy" will be begging for a day like this 6 weeks from now.

Spent about six hours mowing, weeding, mulching, trimming today....it was an absolutely perfect weather day, wasn't it?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Spent about six hours mowing, weeding, mulching, trimming today....it was an absolutely perfect weather day, wasn't it?

Did the mowing Thursday but mulched, weeded, fixed a gutter, blew all those spinners off sidewalks and porches. Today will be cleaning cars and gutters for any clogs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Did the mowing Thursday but mulched, weeded, fixed a gutter, blew all those spinners off sidewalks and porches. Today will be cleaning cars and gutters for any clogs. 

UGH. My final bitch/moan about the neighbor's maple spinners....but the LAST of 'em came down last night all over the perfectly trimmed lawn. It's just like when I leave the dog out immediately after mowing, and she absolutely MUST engage in #2 on my freshly-shorn lawn. Can't the results of my hard work stay pristine for at least a few hours??  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

UGH. My final bitch/moan about the neighbor's maple spinners....but the LAST of 'em came down last night all over the perfectly trimmed lawn. It's just like when I leave the dog out immediately after mowing, and she absolutely MUST engage in #2 on my freshly-shorn lawn. Can't the results of my hard work stay pristine for at least a few hours??  :rolleyes:

She’s just letting you know her opinion of your hard work in the yard

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sharing this here because it’s truly incredible. You can even see trees start falling as the tornado approaches.

Ok I’ve got questions. Don’t laugh lol. 
1. how was that made

2. it almost looks like it’s pulling moisture off of trees as it approaches. Like mist being sucked in. What is that?

13 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

1. how was that made

2. it almost looks like it’s pulling moisture off of trees as it approaches. Like mist being sucked in. What is that?

Drone went in. The guy who took it said he lost the drone to the inflow as he had to reposition. 

Amazing footage!!

35 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

1. how was that made

It was drone footage. Definitely some of the best I've seen. The tornado would have been virtually impossible to see without it. 

As for the second question, I want to say that what we're seeing is really strong inflow, but after watching it a few times I think it's the larger circulation of the tornado. I'm not as well versed as others, but it looks like the Bear's Cage to me: basically the precipitation wrapping around the updraft, with the actual tornado (condensation funnel) in the center. 

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It was drone footage. Definitely some of the best I've seen. The tornado would have been virtually impossible to see without it. 

As for the second question, I want to say that what we're seeing is really strong inflow, but after watching it a few times I think it's the larger circulation of the tornado. I'm not as well versed as others, but it looks like the Bear's Cage to me: basically the precipitation wrapping around the updraft, with the actual tornado (condensation funnel) in the center. 

That makes sense but watch it again. As the winds get close to the trees it’s like you see a big blob of moisture leaving the trees

• Like 1

Looks to me like there is abundant low level moisture- probably rained preceding the tornado. You can see indications of moisture condensing/rising in places above the trees well ahead of the actual funnel. Once the vortex gets closer, the suction induces stronger rising motions on the periphery, and the air quickly cools/further condenses as it is near saturation.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That makes sense but watch it again. As the winds get close to the trees it’s like you see a big blob of moisture leaving the trees

The tornado is literally sucking the photosynthesis products off the leaves. :D

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic