Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2021

George BM

3 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Well after another rough morning my Dr put in for me to get a CT scan. Just got confirmed a 3mm stone in my bladder that I am going to have to pass. On meds to help with the movement. Looks like my weekend is going to be not fun. 

Oh man. I have been there several times.

3 mm is passable for sure. Alpha blockers sometimes can get them out. I have a 10mm stone still in my right kidney. It's shaped like a dumbbell and will never pass on its own so when it breaks loose I will need medical intervention to break it up.

I had the sonic blast treatment last time to break up the stone on the left side. Relatively simple non-invasive procedure. So don't fear if it doesn't pass.

Hopefully you pass it with minimal issues. Kidney stones suck.

If this is your first stone, see if anything in your diet changed over the last couple years? Taking vitamin D supplements? How many IUs each day? I have done some research on this and am convinced high doses of vitamin D supplements cause kidney stones. There have been studies on this, but they were kind of inconclusive. Just curious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Well after another rough morning my Dr put in for me to get a CT scan. Just got confirmed a 3mm stone in my bladder that I am going to have to pass. On meds to help with the movement. Looks like my weekend is going to be not fun. 

Your weekend Mrs J will be, I pray, a painless success. As always ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mattie g said:

Nice!

Just ordered DDH Double AC (Citra/Galaxy)  and a few other 4-packs. Really looking forward to it...

Oh yeah, they deliver to VA now...the DDH AC may be my favorite semi-regular beer they put out...the brewery is just far enough away from my house that it’s not convenient to get to with any regularity but when we have soccer games (or vax appointments) in the area I’ll usually make a pit stop...they make some really good stuff, hope you like your delivery...

So looking forward to a decent span of nice weather to get some outside work done. Kidney stone front, I think it has passed. At least I am not feeling the pain that I had been for over 2 weeks. Got some weeding done this morning out front and the front perennials are coming in beautiful this year. Rose bush is going to go nuts looking at the buds on it currently. And I have to say my most favorite perennial out there is my Sedum. It dies a dramatic death every winter. But once the warm sun stays out it explodes into green sort of like coming back from the dead. :D

• Like 5

On 4/23/2021 at 11:41 PM, MacChump said:

Oh yeah, they deliver to VA now...the DDH AC may be my favorite semi-regular beer they put out...the brewery is just far enough away from my house that it’s not convenient to get to with any regularity but when we have soccer games (or vax appointments) in the area I’ll usually make a pit stop...they make some really good stuff, hope you like your delivery...

Had a couple of the DDH AC (Citra/Galaxy) this weekend and really enjoyed them. Really looking forward to doing a side-by-side with the DIPA version! 

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

So looking forward to a decent span of nice weather to get some outside work done. Kidney stone front, I think it has passed. At least I am not feeling the pain that I had been for over 2 weeks. Got some weeding done this morning out front and the front perennials are coming in beautiful this year. Rose bush is going to go nuts looking at the buds on it currently. And I have to say my most favorite perennial out there is my Sedum. It dies a dramatic death every winter. But once the warm sun stays out it explodes into green sort of like coming back from the dead. :D

Pics, plz, @Mrs.J.....either here or over in the lawn/garden thread! (If you don't mind sharing) I love to see what folks got growing, and have picked up a lot of ideas in here over the past couple of months.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Anybody change their own iPhone screen? Mine finally cracked on its one millionth drop. Gonna do it myself. Also thinking I’d should replace the battery while I’m in there. Any advice on either? Thanks

In their late teens, my sons had iPhone SE's back in the mid 2010s...which ALWAYS had broken screens because those knuckleheads were never careful with them. I tried ONCE to replace a broken screen on one of them (and the battery, since I was conducting surgery anyway) and completely hosed the innards. Got everything reconnected and put back together, after studying five meticulous DIY iPhone screen replacement videos, but the damn thing refused to power back on. Learn from my bravado -- unless you're really handy with microelectronics, I'd definitely take it to a repair shop, which I eventually did with the iPhone SE that *I* ruined. My guys paid for numerous other screen replacements out of their own pockets, and they typically paid ~$100 several years ago....though I'm sure it's saltier than that for the more current, larger iPhone models. (And yeah, might as well pony up for a battery replacement if you need it, since it will already be apart.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Pics, plz, @Mrs.J.....either here or over in the lawn/garden thread! (If you don't mind sharing) I love to see what folks got growing, and have picked up a lot of ideas in here over the past couple of months.

In their late teens, my sons had iPhone SE's back in the mid 2010s...which ALWAYS had broken screens because those knuckleheads were never careful with them. I tried ONCE to replace a broken screen on one of them (and the battery, since I was conducting surgery anyway) and completely hosed the innards. Got everything reconnected and put back together, after studying five meticulous DIY iPhone screen replacement videos, but the damn thing refused to power back on. Learn from my bravado -- unless you're really handy with microelectronics, I'd definitely take it to a repair shop, which I eventually did with the iPhone SE that *I* ruined. My guys paid for numerous other screen replacements out of their own pockets, and they typically paid ~$100 several years ago....though I'm sure it's saltier than that for the more current, larger iPhone models. (And yeah, might as well pony up for a battery replacement if you need it, since it will already be apart.)

I fixed my son's iPhone 6 screen 2x and my wife's once.  You do have to be careful with the ribbons, and I had to wear my old man glasses since they are really small parts.  :-)

• Thanks 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic