Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Woo! Hogan lifted outdoor mask mandates, and all outdoor dining restrictions will be lifted starting this weekend. So happy about that, hopefully the county gives the green light on going maskless to outdoor rec games

We'll likely see a sustained retraction of service modifications and restrictions in Maryland over the next 4 to 7 weeks.

10 hours ago, yoda said:

Who is this Wizards team the past few weeks?  Dominant tonight... Westbrook another triple Double as well

I saw a good quote about him.  One play he looks like a hall of famer  and the next G league.

I enjoy watching him play but I really think the addition of Gafford has propelled them.

Ok question? 

I have a friend who is going over to Assateague to tent camp this weekend. There plan is to head over tomorrow afternoon. Hence crossing the Bay Bridge and with the High Wind Watch already in place I told her to monitor conditions. Does she need to be concerned of getting to a bridge shut down? 

6 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok question? 

I have a friend who is going over to Assateague to tent camp this weekend. There plan is to head over tomorrow afternoon. Hence crossing the Bay Bridge and with the High Wind Watch already in place I told her to monitor conditions. Does she need to be concerned of getting to a bridge shut down? 

From their website:

• Full Wind Restrictions (sustained wind speeds exceeding 50 mph for a continuous period of 10 mins or more; or wind gusts persistently exceed 50 mph over a period of 15 mins) only automobiles, pickup trucks, flatbed trailers, commercial buses and heavy-laden tractor/trailers are permitted to cross the bridge. Tractor-box trailer combinations will not be permitted to cross any bridge if the gross weight is less than 64,000 pounds.
  • Traffic Holds/Bridge Closure (sustained wind speeds exceeding 55 mph for a continuous period of 10 mins or more; or wind gusts persistently exceed 55 mph over a period of 15 mins) In the event of a sudden increase of sustained wind speeds or wind gusts that could jeopardize life or property, the MDTA may elect to discontinue the movement of all traffic across the bridge.

So I can see them limiting two-way traffic tomorrow, but not fully close. That's only happened a few times during hurricanes/tropical storms. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

From their website:

• Full Wind Restrictions (sustained wind speeds exceeding 50 mph for a continuous period of 10 mins or more; or wind gusts persistently exceed 50 mph over a period of 15 mins) only automobiles, pickup trucks, flatbed trailers, commercial buses and heavy-laden tractor/trailers are permitted to cross the bridge. Tractor-box trailer combinations will not be permitted to cross any bridge if the gross weight is less than 64,000 pounds.
  • Traffic Holds/Bridge Closure (sustained wind speeds exceeding 55 mph for a continuous period of 10 mins or more; or wind gusts persistently exceed 55 mph over a period of 15 mins) In the event of a sudden increase of sustained wind speeds or wind gusts that could jeopardize life or property, the MDTA may elect to discontinue the movement of all traffic across the bridge.

So I can see them limiting two-way traffic tomorrow, but not fully close. That's only happened a few times during hurricanes/tropical storms. 

Thanks!

I told her to check winds over at Assateague also. I would not want to be in a tent in high winds. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I saw a good quote about him.  One play he looks like a hall of famer  and the next G league.

I enjoy watching him play but I really think the addition of Gafford has propelled them.

Anthony Gill has been a surprise off the bench.  Fun factoid:  My wife works at a preschool where the Gill's send their young daughter.  So my wife has met a Wizard.  Nice people.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Thanks!

I told her to check winds over at Assateague also. I would not want to be in a tent in high winds. 

FWIW, the high wind watch is only for the northern part of the area, at least right now. Not to say it won't be windy down there, but may be worse for you and I then on the coast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

Yea!

I find that AC actually bothers my sinuses in the summer. Have had the ducts cleaned but wake up in the morning with a sore throat and massive drainage, so we set it to not be on all day if we can help it. 

Yep. Even with AC on just the past two days, I can feel the dreaded drainage thing kicking in, which is a joy in combination with allergies. Was sort of hoping AC season would hold off a bit longer...Mrs. V is always too warm, I'm always too cold...UGH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

From their website:

So I can see them limiting two-way traffic tomorrow, but not fully close. That's only happened a few times during hurricanes/tropical storms

Tropical?

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bphbw1woimulq5a985g

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Ugh these allergies are killing us. I can't recall it ever being this bad. 

yup, they are terrible. kid has been complaining of post-nasal drip for days. not something she usually suffers from. im guessing you're back in MD?

Just now, PhineasC said:

Yep, back for a bit. The allergies have been something else. 

I made the mistake of having the house open Tuesday, everything near windows/backdoor slider was covered in pollen once I closed up later in the day. Good times wiping everything down. 

3 hours ago, LP08 said:

they are definitely a jeckle and hyde team.  Was at the game last week against Golden State and the 1st and 4th quarters were totally opposite of 2nd and 3rd.   

They need to play more consistently on defense though.....When they do, they seem to be unstoppable. 

5 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

they are definitely a jeckle and hyde team.  Was at the game last week against Golden State and the 1st and 4th quarters were totally opposite of 2nd and 3rd.   

They need to play more consistently on defense though.....When they do, they seem to be unstoppable. 

Having Brad and Russ healthy and on the same page is what we needed. Chemistry takes time and with the Covid off-season and then the Covid hit early in the season it just didn’t give them time to gel. Now that is happening guys like Bertans and Lopez and Neto are filling their roles nicely. And agree with an above post about the Gafford addition. He has been great. Also Alex Lenaissance has been solid.  Exciting time to be a Wiz fan!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Having Brad and Russ healthy and on the same page is what we needed. Chemistry takes time and with the Covid off-season and then the Covid hit early in the season it just didn’t give them time to gel. Now that is happening guys like Bertans and Lopez and Neto are filling their roles nicely. And agree with an above post about the Gafford addition. He has been great. Also Alex Lenaissance has been solid.  Exciting time to be a Wiz fan!

It is.  I hate that Advjia is out for the rest of the year.  Hachimura being healthy is helping too.  That dunk on AD last night was pretty sweet. 

Lopez is a beast.....he doesn't' get a ton of credit, but his opponents abuse him, and he never blows his fuse.  He is a great guy to have on the team. 

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Yep. Even with AC on just the past two days, I can feel the dreaded drainage thing kicking in, which is a joy in combination with allergies. Was sort of hoping AC season would hold off a bit longer...Mrs. V is always too warm, I'm always too cold...UGH.

Your house sounds like our house. Along with the AC I keep ceiling fans going 100% of the time on the third level. Cannot fall asleep unless it is on and keeping me cool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Your house sounds like our house. Along with the AC I keep ceiling fans going 100% of the time on the third level. Cannot fall asleep unless it is on and keeping me cool. 

Oh, yes! Actually, we forgot to adjust the thermostat last night before bed, and between its arctic setting due to yesterday's heat AND the 2nd floor ceiling fans, even my wife was buried under full covers this morning...THAT'S when you know it's really cold in our house!  :D 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic