Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol good times. My Saturdays were filled with Bruno Sammaratino, Ken Pantera, Stan the man Staziak,  Gorilla Monsoon, The Sheik and company. 

Ah yes. I remember a televised staged run in between Gorilla Monsoon and Mohamed Ali, who  was a pro wrestling fan. I remember Monsoon saying. “ this guy doesn’t know the difference between a wrist lock ant a wrist watch” .As always ......

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Ah yes. I remember a televised staged run in between Gorilla Monsoon and Mohamed Ali, who  was a pro wrestling fan. I remember Monsoon saying. “ this guy doesn’t know the difference between a wrist lock ant a wrist watch” .As always ......

gorilla was great.
I dont watch it anymore. 
I took my son to Monday night raw at the garden in 2019 and I didn’t know anyone. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

gorilla was great.
I dont watch it anymore. 
I took my son to Monday night raw at the garden in 2019 and I didn’t know anyone. 

A number of pro football players found second careers on the circuit. Ernie Ladd was one. Some were veterinarians such a Dr.Jerry Graham of the infamous brothers. Their family  was quite active for many years. Jerry got in a little trouble over 60 years ago for, on a dare, flying his small plane underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Today he’d probably end up in A Federal lock up. As always ....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rclab said:

A number of pro football players found second careers on the circuit. Ernie Ladd was one. Some were veterinarians such a Dr.Jerry Graham of the infamous brothers. Their family  was quite active for many years. Jerry got in a little trouble over 60 years ago for, on a dare, flying his small plane underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Today he’d probably end up in A Federal lock up. As always ....

Indeed... quite a few guys went from football to wrestling.  Steve McMichael is another one, and not like he was in the NFL for 5 minutes... he had a legit career there before going into wrestling.  Sad story about his ALS though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Indeed... quite a few guys went from football to wrestling.  Steve McMichael is another one, and not like he was in the NFL for 5 minutes... he had a legit career there before going into wrestling.  Sad story about his ALS though.

So sadly true. Some did steroids to enhance the muscular look and paid quite a price later on. Others succumbed to lifestyle/illness issues, Haystacks Calhoun, diabetes/ double amputee, others played the circuit well into their 60’s. George the Animal Steel was forced into being a referee for roller derby because the state athletic association would no longer allow him to perform because of his age. Today much of what we watched and enjoyed would not have been permitted due to today’s understandable sensibilities. Macho man Randy Savage, The Iron Sheik, Chief Big Heart to name a few that could not survive/thrive easily today. As always ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Pretty day for grazing the dog in VT.

dog.jpg

There is nothing more idyllic than a Chamber of Commerce weather day in New England.  Mountains or rolling hills, forests and fields... cobalt blue skies and Bob Ross' "happy little clouds."  This weather is 10 out of 10.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There is nothing more idyllic than a Chamber of Commerce weather day in New England.  Mountains or rolling hills, forests and fields... cobalt blue skies and Bob Ross' "happy little clouds."  This weather is 10 out of 10.

I’ve seen some May days in Switzerland that give it a run for the money.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Cleaning out the old farm house today and found my ancestors weather diaries dating from the early 1800's to the mid 1800's.  April 13th 1834 storm, New Bedford and NY stole his Snow! at least it was good sleighing :) 

18342.jpg

Anything written about a month later?

-May 14, 1834: Greatest May snowstorm for the Northeast coastal states; 2 to 3 feet in the higher elevations of New Hampshire

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Cleaning out the old farm house today and found my ancestors weather diaries dating from the early 1800's to the mid 1800's.  April 13th 1834 storm, New Bedford and NY stole his Snow! at least it was good sleighing :) 

18342.jpg

Excellent find I love that stuff.  Its what I miss most about working at the museum. Finding weather reports in the midst of 1600 to 1700 writings

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, Typhoon Tip said:

Let us know how you feel over the course of the next day or 2 ?

I'm getting my 2nd dose ... two weeks - 

I'm hearing wildly varying reports on side-effects ranging from nothing to an ER stint - no rhyme or reason or pattern discernible either.   It's been yes and no for maybe cases in every direction.  Zero pattern.

I guess scatter plot or not...the average is at least a semblance of reaction above zero - so... I'm just trying to get a fix on expectation - ha, not that your experience should tip the registry here... 

I didn't get any notice/report from the first dose, personally -

After my first Moderna shot I came down with wicked chills/fever after about 36 hours.  Really severe, like the worst flu I've ever had. Then a splitting headache the following day and then it just disappeared later that night.  On my second shot (Friday morning) I had somewhat milder chills/fever, but they started about 10 hours after the shot, and then the same headache/hangover feeling yesterday morning.  I took some Tylenol yesterday and that really helped.  With both shots I really couldn't sleep at all.  My mind would just race.  My arm was very sore after the first shot, but I had been cleaning out our garage all day, and I think that contributed to it.  I got the second shot in my other arm and it's really not that bad this morning.

3 hours ago, QCD17 said:

After my first Moderna shot I came down with wicked chills/fever after about 36 hours.  Really severe, like the worst flu I've ever had. Then a splitting headache the following day and then it just disappeared later that night.  On my second shot (Friday morning) I had somewhat milder chills/fever, but they started about 10 hours after the shot, and then the same headache/hangover feeling yesterday morning.  I took some Tylenol yesterday and that really helped.  With both shots I really couldn't sleep at all.  My mind would just race.  My arm was very sore after the first shot, but I had been cleaning out our garage all day, and I think that contributed to it.  I got the second shot in my other arm and it's really not that bad this morning.

mm this sounds like a rather harsh reaction, frankly ..

My thing is that I live in relative discomfort -  I suspect - much of the time, ..due to personal life style of obsessive workouts.  I do heavy loads every day at middle aged - heh..  Others do too - not boasting. But 10 K run, 25 mi bike ride, than an hr on the Elipiticle with other gym work ...and can go three week stints before something comes along on calendar..  My shoulders are "sore" one way or the other, anyway.  And low grade body aches?  meh

Anyway, I was wondering if I may just be less noticing of adverse 'mock' flu sensations, but I'd prooobably notice 'splitting headache' and clammy sweats lol.  yeah  -

Thing is, again ... this is entirely randomly doing this.  I really did not feel anything different after my first shot.  Nada.  Contrasting, my sister could swore, 'they just f'n gave me covid, that's what!'  ..Yet another friend ends up in the ER with 104 fever - like... c'mon.  That's dangerously high and that didn't make the news?  .. I guess no one has actually died from a dose, tho -

I guess we'll see. 

I'm sooo looking forward to making sure we all get 12 to 24 hours of mock flu once a year when Covid booster time arrives.  New mid October holiday -

3 hours ago, QCD17 said:

Probably means you had COVID recently and recovered. You already had natural immunity.

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm this sounds like a rather harsh reaction, frankly ..

My thing is that I live in relative discomfort -  I suspect - much of the time, ..due to personal life style of obsessive workouts.  I do heavy loads every day at middle aged - heh..  Others do too - not boasting. But 10 K run, 25 mi bike ride, than an hr on the Elipiticle with other gym work ...and can go three week stints before something comes along on calendar..  My shoulders are "sore" one way or the other, anyway.  And low grade body aches?  meh

Anyway, I was wondering if I may just be less noticing of adverse 'mock' flu sensations, but I'd prooobably notice 'splitting headache' and clammy sweats lol.  yeah  -

Thing is, again ... this is entirely randomly doing this.  I really did not feel anything different after my first shot.  Nada.  Contrasting, my sister could swore, 'they just f'n gave me covid, that's what!'  ..Yet another friend ends up in the ER with 104 fever - like... c'mon.  That's dangerously high and that didn't make the news?  .. I guess no one has actually died from a dose, tho -

I guess we'll see. 

I'm sooo looking forward to making sure we all get 12 to 24 hours of mock flu once a year when Covid booster time arrives.  New mid October holiday -

On day 2, my fever never really went above 100, but I felt like I had the flu. Headache, body aches, general garbage that makes you not want to leave the bed. Then 24 hours later, a round of chills in the middle of the night, woke up on the morning with no fever, felt almost 100% besides fatigue. But that was replaced with a horribly swollen arm, looked like there was a baseball underneath my arm. Couldn't move it and it was quite painful. I walked around yesterday like I had a broken arm, couldn't move it with out extreme pain. So weird, it definitely triggered a response from my lymph node under my arm. This morning, almost 80% better. My first shot made me tired for a few days and gave me a pretty intense headache for 6 hours.