Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The India variant was found in Maine. There will probably be a lot of breakthrough cases this summer and everyone will start freaking out.

Probably. But hopefully all will be mild or asymptotic. Some unvaccinated folks may get pretty sick if they get a heavy load.  At this point, that’s their decision. Based on what we know now, time to open ‘er up. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I won’t freak out. We should also stop testing fully vaccinated people. It really doesn’t matter if those folks are positive or not 

idk...I think it's important to know what the variants are and how they're spreading since this thing mutates so rapidly. But yeah, no one should be freaking out. Like we've been saying for months...we're trying to stop the severe disease, not prevent you from getting it at all.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk...I think it's important to know what the variants are and how they're spreading since this thing mutates so rapidly. But yeah, no one should be freaking out. Like we've been saying for months...we're trying to stop the severe disease, not prevent you from getting it at all.

I work at a college, I think the testing cost them somewhere north of 5 million dollars this year? I find it hard to believe places like colleges and other businesses will continue to pay for testing come the fall. 

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The media that lives on clicks will lead segments with fear mongering of xyz variant found here and there , it’s really just embarrassing how they are such ratings whores when it just unnecessarily freaks folks out and starts up all the social media reactions , and then people and places have to cater to the  outspoken. I blame irresponsible and leading news garbage for trying to bait emotion for clicks 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The amount of people on Twitter saying this is a bad move astounds me. If you want to continue wearing a mask, you’re more than welcome too, I don’t get the angst 

Zero shock at all . 

I try to be respectful of different folks Levels of comfort and processing of information.

If you want the vaccine you have had it by now or are about to receive it . The goal of vaccine was to keep you out of hospital by dramatically lowering case count and keeping positive cases mild . Mission accomplished if the science is on point (which I assume it is ) 

The time to overreact for safety is passing and some folks will obviously struggle with that transition. But that was the modus operandi for a year .  A success vaccine made this the correct scientific decision to make. I think folks have initial sticker shock to removing mask but that it will fade .

I don’t think it’s funny that some vaccinated folks are scared And I Think it’s disgusting how the media runs stories to play on fears / concerns for clicks. This is the world we live in . I do have contempt for the few who will whine because they no longer will have the political correct lee way to scream at someone without a mask on a nearby field.

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Lot of scared vaxxed folks out here. Hope they find some way to feel safe again. 

Probably not. Some people are never gonna leave their homes again. They are pretty much scarred for life.

18 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The media that lives on clicks will lead segments with fear mongering of xyz variant found here and there , it’s really just embarrassing how they are such ratings whores when it just unnecessarily freaks folks out and starts up all the social media reactions , and then people and places have to cater to the  outspoken who (are louder in the Boston burbs) and are more apt to take the bait. I blame irresponsible and leading news garbage for trying to bait emotion for clicks 

I’m with you on that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, amarshall said:

The "science is real" sign people have completely ignored the changing science and are now anti science zealots . There is no science to back up wearing masks outdoors.

Bizarro world 

Yea, you're simply not mitigating any viral spread wearing them outside. In Michigan you only saw people wearing them in liberal leaning cities....virtually no one did so in conservative areas. 

It was more about virtue signaling than saving lives. I personally liked breathing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Probably not. Some people are never gonna leave their homes again. They are pretty much scarred for life.

My seafood shipping business has tripled in valuation due to COVID.

My retirement is in sight at 42. These people are simply wonderful.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The media that lives on clicks will lead segments with fear mongering of xyz variant found here and there , it’s really just embarrassing how they are such ratings whores when it just unnecessarily freaks folks out and starts up all the social media reactions , and then people and places have to cater to the  outspoken. I blame irresponsible and leading news garbage for trying to bait emotion for clicks 

They've been doing this for decades though.  Even in the '90s all the stories were about "you won't believe what happened, and here's why you should be afraid. Tune in at 6pm to find out why an Ohio suburban mother is speaking up!"

The problem now is that people can be exposed to it at all times... not just the morning or evening news cycle, or Dateline type show that you have to be sitting in front of NBC at 7pm every night if you really want to get scared.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Yea, you're simply not mitigating any viral spread wearing them outside. In Michigan you only saw people wearing them in liberal leaning cities....virtually no one did so in conservative areas. 

It was more about virtue signaling than saving lives. I personally liked breathing.

This has become the way of our society and not just with the pandemic.

29 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Im sure it is. Thats where all the money was being made during the height of the pandemic. 

Sounds morbid but if i owned that type of business i wouldnt want the pandemic to end.

Did anybody catch the Air Force UFO (UAP) piece on 60 Minutes last night? 
It basically was pentagon and Air Force personnel saying the phenomena is real, physical and not of United States origin.
 I guess I had not realized that there were hundreds of sightings by Navy and Air Force guys over the past decade. 

Anyway, it was a little weird. They are definitely teasing stuff out leading up to this June report that is due.  The report will probably say the craft are of Chinese and Russian origin and we need to double our defense budget. LOL

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ufo-reports-should-be-taken-seriously-rubio-says-11621245038

• Haha 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It basically was pentagon and Air Force personnel saying the phenomena is real, physical and not of United States origin.
 I guess I had not realized that there were hundreds of sightings by Navy and Air Force guys over the past decade. 

Anyway, it was a little weird. They are definitely teasing stuff out leading up to this June report that is due.  The report will probably say the craft are of Chinese and Russian origin and we need to double our defense budget. LOL

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ufo-reports-should-be-taken-seriously-rubio-says-11621245038

It's the Borg

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I know I've said this before ... but I happen to like the turn of phrase - LOL

but yup...  "The moment in history that the Industrial Media Complex" figured out how to turn thumb swipes, mouse clicks, and television channel pings into a means to make money, we were doomed." 

- We'd never hear an honest and/or real retelling of reality, ever again.

It's worse then click-bate, too.  I mean CNN actually attempts to Pied Piper it's fear manipulated following seamlessly into to the next captivating specter. It's "social engineering," really - just attempted a population scales.

And it is all a number and mass game, too.   Mean, if 90% of the American society really did get WOKE for the right reason ( namely... turn them off for good) ... you'd still have 30,000,000 clients inured to their dystopian cinema.

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Maybe time to panic buy and stock up on toilet paper??

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

In my day to day I agree and care zero but in broad discussion it’s Because we tend cater to those most worried / hurt / insulted / loudest these days . 

That's the issue in my mind.

And..it was "follow the science" when it suited a particular agenda.

Most MDs and PhD's that I know new exactly what the CDC is saying now. But the corporate media get their news from blue check twitter doctors.

Whether people realize it or nor, we've had a huge experiment with nice controls. Florida and Texas were the control and the null hypothesis turned out to be true. p>0.05.

To me, the number one, overriding thing that cause the mass hysteria, masking, closures, lockdowns and the overall mayhem was the idea of total asymptomatic spread. Was BS then, is BS now. The idea that 40-50% of all cases were being spread by people running around the population totally healthy that didn't know they had it was ludicrous. And any scientist/medical doctor who went along with that notion was/is a dishonest fool. 

My biggest regret in all this, beyond keeping business shuttered, beyond the kids on Zoom for a year, was the nursing home carnage. That was a travesty of the highest order. That didn't need to happen on the scale that it did.

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

I'm also in the seafood business. I had a home delivery service for 5 months. We were expanding and then two things happened. Suburban house wives went back to the supermarket.  24 other people decided to get into the fresh food delivery service.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's been a bad look for Brookline....for no reason whatsoever.

It’s the inability of town government to make an easy decision.   If someone came up to me and said hey there’s an outdoor mask rule I’d ask if they ever went 38 in a 35 mph zone in the middle of the night...

• Haha 1