• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

Spring Banter

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I have my hands in both. Hydro long term while palladium will keep soaring in the short term as there will likely be a deeper supply deficit as auto mfgs increase production with tighter pollution standards. 

What EV AND “Green stocks” do you like 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

13043784-CC1B-498C-A1E7-B40E93332460.jpeg

Interestingly Randolph by voting records is pretty blue..67.1-30 Biden-Trump in 2020.    186 to 83.   Kevin wants to move to Jackson NH in the winter..  Better think twice..your neighbors would be pretty liberal...567 Biden to 212 Trump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Interestingly Randolph by voting records is pretty blue..67.1-30 Biden-Trump in 2020.    186 to 83.   Kevin wants to move to Jackson NH in the winter..  Better think twice..your neighbors would be pretty liberal...567 Biden to 212 Trump.

Randolph has a pretty sizable population of "older ladies with long gray hair who wear sandals 24/7 and walk their huskies several times a day all year long no matter the weather."

NNE is chock full of 'em, I've noticed. Definitely not Trump's base...

Politics is not a hot topic in NNH from what I have seen. Too distant from all the silliness in DC for them to really care. That's why I enjoy it so much. 

55 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Wouldn’t be any different than here 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Wouldn’t be any different than here 

Yeah, any nice East Coast state suburb is going to have a population of hypocritical, virtue-signaling Biden voters living in it who moved there to avoid the kind of things they claim to support. They are harmless, IMO.

• Weenie 1

9 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Me and my wife enjoy our quiet Saturday nights watching TV, usually after spending all day outdoors. We usually do Grubhub instead.

I usually pick it up from the restaurant-they make very little if any money off GH, doordash or Uber eats

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Such complete nonsense and another example of slowly conditioning people to accept the state being allowed to control their every action. 

This was a year ago. 

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, any nice East Coast state suburb is going to have a population of hypocritical, virtue-signaling Biden voters living in it who moved there to avoid the kind of things they claim to support. They are harmless, IMO.

Did you not learn that the political garbage has  closed down this thread upteen times . 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This was a year ago. 

Yeah that was discussed at length in the original COVID thread, lol.  RIP.

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What EV AND “Green stocks” do you like 

I’m a newbie but CSIQ and WNDW for green energy. For EV, I like LI. I am not diversified with my ‘play money’ at all...I go with what I know and try keep it simple. I see a future of all ev vehicles on the road, homes and businesses powered by green energy, and weed dispensaries lol.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Certainly seem to be on borrowed time with this thread...

Meh as long as there's no personal attacks, I think it's fine-a variety of topics here over the last week-interesting to read honestly.   Just have to respect other's opinions....

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m a newbie but CSIQ and WNDW for green energy. For EV, I like LI. I am not diversified with my ‘play money’ at all...I go with what I know and try keep it simple. I see a future of all ev vehicles on the road, homes and businesses powered by green energy, and weed dispensaries lol.  

Thanks for sharing . I am not familiar w those green plays and will check em out.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Thanks for sharing . I am not familiar w those green plays and will check em out.

WNDW is pretty cool. I like the technology. What I am not good at is opening the hood on books to micro analyze a company’s balance sheet. 

What stocks do you own /like in that space

I’m actually in the industry so not really allowed to trade much of those stocks. I stick to Biotech as nobody cares in my company currently about those.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

WNDW is pretty cool. I like the technology. What I am not good at is opening the hood on books to micro analyze a company’s balance sheet. 

Like many stocks , they got crushed when the mid February valuation bubble popped . Probably a good buying opportunity in some names now . Speculation drove so many “disruptive innovation”  and Green stocks to the moon And just stretched their valuations till the market snapped in those areas .

42 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Not funny

I went to college in central Ark. 68/69. Outside the campus De facto was still in effect. The county was dry but at least, did not have a law against dancing. The citizens in the town/county were the finest folk you could meet. Always courteous and helpful, even to strangers. If you fell on the street a mob would rush to help you. If you had a tragedy in your family the community automatically pulled together for you. The churches, all denominations, were full to overflowing on Sunday and yet and yet ........... As always ....

12 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I’m actually in the industry so not really allowed to trade much of those stocks. I stick to Biotech as nobody cares in my company currently about those.

You said invest in Hydrogen / Palladium 

So that was just general “advice”..

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Like many stocks , they got crushed when the mid February valuation bubble popped . Probably a good buying opportunity in some names now . 

I’ll research the technology, the company, etc and make my determination then but I have very a limited understanding of wall st or market jargon. I’m never sure when to buy. I was high on PLUG for months, was hoping it would level off, but it kept climbing so I eventually said eff it and bought in...then a few days later the news breaks on the class action lawsuit lol and the stock tanks. Great buy idiot. I still believe in the company long term so I’ve been adding shares to bring my avg cost down but man...the stock game can be agonizing.

So you’re thinking we’re in a good buying opportunity window now?

26 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Meh as long as there's no personal attacks, I think it's fine-a variety of topics here over the last week-interesting to read honestly.   Just have to respect other's opinions....

Overall, the discussion is great, it does seem to veer off at times and get a little personal/political. 

Personally I really appreciated the insight from WhitinsvilleWx on the vaccine stuff, that has been really interesting to me.  Stock stuff too.

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll research the technology, the company, etc and make my determination then but I have very a limited understanding of wall st or market jargon. I’m never sure when to buy. I was high on PLUG for months, was hoping it would level off, but it kept climbing so I eventually said eff it and bought in...then a few days later the news breaks on the class action lawsuit lol and the stock tanks. Great buy idiot. I still believe in the company long term so I’ve been adding shares to bring my avg cost down but man...the stock game can be agonizing.

So you’re thinking we’re in a good buying opportunity window now?

So much is about entry price And I would never buy a stock that went from 4$ to 40$ in less than a year. 

I’m certainly not a savant but in addition to your research I would join a group with lots of decent free research available (Seeking Alpha is good) and just look at valuations , often you will find a few articles on whatever company your interested in and there is good discussion in the comment section. 

Many of those EV and Green or future disruptive plays (and SPAC’s) entered such a bubble period that it was just pure speculation driving stocks up and it was a challenge to see if they actually had a viable business .

In that space I like a company called PGTK , it’s speculative in the sense it’s not Google or amzn and it’s future is up in the air like many non behemoth stocks but it could easily 10x from here in 2 years 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So much is about entry price And I would never buy a stock that went from 4$ to 40$ in less than a year. 

I’m certainly not a savant but in addition to your research I would join a group with lots of decent free research available (Seeking Alpha is good) and just look at valuations , often you will find a few articles on whatever company your interested in and there is good discussion in the comment section. 

Many of those EV and Green or future disruptive plays (and SPAC’s) entered such a bubble period that it was just pure speculation driving stocks up and it was a challenge to see if they actually had a viable business 

Thanks. I’ll check out Seeking Alpha. Yea, even weed stocks too. Policy changes are very slow so it was all speculation that a blue administration would magically turn the weed and green energy industries in cash machines.