Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

You may get some sleet in a bit actually. Radar shows a pretty good surge north in the melting layer through N NJ and SE NY. 

Very weird times.

Manhattan has not reported sleet yet like December storm. However I received a bit of sleet this far NE.

Again Larchmont has sleet yet Manhattan has light snow. I guess it's more on an east thing.

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

That is not why they lost, he and Nesmith played their butts off and Brad is not awarding that play.

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

One of the greatest celtics of all time.......

Haha ya i dont know if hes good or not. I dont even get to catch the games because i work when they on. I just happened to be off and has the game on. So everything was a 1st impression for me.

59 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This thing is a sheared out mess...

The WAA/isentropic aspect is being displaced many hours down stream to the point of being ripped away ... opening up a gap between it ( the deep blue p-type rad wall pressently DCA to NJ...) ...and a cyclogen latter response that is more more evidenced as being "starved" ...because the antecedent is stealing away seaward with the dynamics. 

SO,  in total...this is a system that straight up clearly got butt f*ed by the fast flow... 

This is proving as in motion paragon, why compression does not favor deep lows.  Nice learning op... 

It's all relative - if the in situ mechanics were overwhelming ...you may get closer to a fast moving bomb, but the stretching ...ultimately leading to shearing forces are always there...and it's up to the in situ mechanics to either able to hold it together...or burst up and shred like this bootleg 30 hour ordeal ends up becoming of it -

Great post. Some thoughts to add, correct me if I have anything wrong.

The fast flow at 250mb could serve as a vent to enhance rather than shear cyclogenesis... Ginx yesterday made an interesting comparison to 2/11/1994 where the jet enhanced rather than sheared mechanics.

In contrast, the fast flow and compression at H5/H7 is shearing the WAA component seaward.

Other things to look for when thinking about shearing vs. venting in this specific scenario? Too fast? Orientation more west to east rather than northeast?

• Like 1