nj2va

Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Snow trying to mix in again.  At these rates, if I could hold snow for any amount of time it would really pile up.  But that probably won't happen.

30 minutes of snow may equal 1-1.5”. It’s really heavy sleet.

2 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Got about an inch of sleet on the ground and still assaulting at the moment. It's brutal outside.

Can't even be mad about missing out on the snow, this is a unique event and it's better than freezing rain. 

YES! I'm making sleet converts.

It's my favorite kind of event when it's not an epic snowstorm.

1 minute ago, real said:

50 to 50 snow and sleet in downtown dc now.  Doubt the snow will last but at least it’s trying 

I think I’ve seen a few flakes by the VA. Both of them. The sleet accumulation on the street is cool, but still disappointing. 

Transition to sleet here with some snow mixing in. Starting to whiten the lawn. 

Looking at the radar, hopefully go to more snow shortly if rates pick up. 

I have never seen a sleet storm like this before. Everything is covered in white ice. Legit all sleet. Like 2.5 inches so far and just pouring sleet. Unreal 

2 minutes ago, AACOUNTYMD said:

so much sleet. . .so much  treated roads have caved

My parking lot, which was treated, is literally just a bowl of sleet right now. It's fantastic. The sleet is almost as high as the curb now.

Just now, mattie g said:

And the stuff in SW VA is falling apart.

You can't make this sh*t up.

:lol:

Absolutely hilarious dance of heavier returns around immediate DC area.  You couldn't script it any better.

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

I have never seen a sleet storm like this before. Everything is covered in white ice. Legit all sleet. Like 2.5 inches so far and just pouring sleet. Unreal 

Wait til you see what happens when they plow it and cars try to back over it, thinking it'll compact down like snow.

• Like 1

Wow it’s literally as if a summertime thunderstorm just rolled in and the sky has just opened up with a 50/50 mix of snow and sleet here. The sleet is absolutely massive line little meteorites