• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

Did have a very brief 5 min period where snow tried to mix in.  But was still mostly sleet and remains mostly sleet.  Could have some very fine snow mixed in.  Its very fuzzy/foggy like outside.

Are we south and east of 95 looking at on and off precipitation going until Friday late afternoon most likely freezing rain? any help on this would be appreciated

Don't think I've seen snow at all this morning. Woke up at 6:00 AM with sleet already on the ground and it has been doing it ever since.

Location: Bowie/Mitchellville, MD just a little east of DC and the beltway. The Largo/Woodmore area.

Temp is 29 currently.

18 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah, everyone stop complaining about a storm for most that was supposed to drop 3-6 or 4-8 and has been actually worse than the other joke storms we've had with a couple inches of snow and then slop. Baltimore hasn't had a warning verified since the blizzard of 2016 but you all spend ridiculous amounts of time tracking snowstorms and should just suck it up and live with it and be happy getting drilled in the face with ice cubes.

I mean I understand why people are frustrated but there were signs everywhere that this was a marginal setup with big bust potential. We didn't have anything close to model consensus even 24 hrs out.. The 3k NAM was showing pretty much exactly what's happening right now yesterday morning. A little stronger/snowier on the front end thump, but it had mixed sleet/snow already spreading up to NE MD starting a little after sunrise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WVsnowlover said:

Looks like about another 30 minutes of sleet here. How are we looking for a possible 2nd round this evening? Is that still a thing?

NAMS have very light, showery mixed precip through the night out our way. Not much in the way of additional accumulations though. 

I'm not sure I've ever seen/heard sleet this heavy before. Maybe it's come down as hard as this before, but definitely not harder.

2 minutes ago, TSG said:

I mean I understand why people are frustrated but there were signs everywhere that this was a marginal setup with big bust potential. We didn't have anything close to model consensus even 24 hrs out.. The 3k NAM was showing pretty much exactly what's happening right now yesterday morning. A little stronger/snowier on the front end thump, but it had mixed sleet/snow already spreading up to NE MD starting at like sunrise.

Do I have to go back to when we were only 48 hours out and post those trend gifs showing EVERYTHING with 6" plus for DC and Baltimore and trending better EVERY run?  Yea it immediately started to fall apart after that and by last night signs were this could go down this way...but this one has to hurt even more because it was trending better until about 48 hours out...all the others looked really good at like 100 hours but the slow bleed to fail started much earlier.  This one actually looked good at 48 hours and then fell apart.   Just because I was worried about the mid level warm layer...and I am not shocked it ended up killing a lot of people's snow dreams...doesn't mean I wasn't hopeful this one would be different and work out.  You don't find it amazing that we keep getting "decent" chances and they ALL break the wrong way for 95?  

• Like 7

Just now, Ji said:

gfs still has a good amount of precip after midnight

It really does almost like a round 2...didn’t check temps however 

4 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

NAM was spot on, back edge rapidly approaching NOVA. Can’t buy an event this year.

Good...get this thing outta here so we can stop being reminded of the bust!

• Like 1