nj2va

Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

Keep the pics coming!

27 and not doing much but the radar is lighting up it seems to the sw.  N Arlington

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm getting this weird pixie dust that looks like needles at closer inspection. It's dusting things up like it's snow. Visibility down as well.

Third time this winter having been in the LWX 6-8" zone the night before a storm and then ultimately busting way low. 

Still got to go sledding with my son a bunch this winter which is always fun, but man oh man has it been a winter of unmet expectations. 

Currently 26 with light freezing rain. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WTH did I miss. Figured if I got up at 7:00 that would be right as it was getting good.  But there was already 5.5” on the ground (great!) but it was also already mixing with sleet (what? Boo!).  I really hope I didn’t miss the best part of the storm. WTH happened in the few hours I slept?  Did it snow 3” an hour or something?  And why am I mixing with sleet up here already at 7:30 am???  It’s a 50/50 snow sleet mix now. About 6” total. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

Moderate freezing rain and 27.9 in Lothian, MD, southern AA County 

started as moderate snow around 4:30 and picked up a half inch. Flipped to rain then dry slot, but now steady rain. 

This sucks but at least it got me off work. Don’t hear any pingers right now in Owings mills. Too lazy to go check and be disappointed it’s not snow. 

21 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Well it's all sleet again maybe we can both get in on that band that gives us both snow.

I am freezing rain now. I hope it at least go back to sleet because we will loose power with freezing rain 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

WTH did I miss. Figured if I got up at 7:00 that would be right as it was getting good.  But there was already 5.5” on the ground (great!) but it was also already mixing with sleet (what? Boo!).  I really hope I didn’t miss the best part of the storm. WTH happened in the few hours I slept?  Did it snow 3” an hour or something?  And why am I mixing with sleet up here already at 7:30 am???  It’s a 50/50 snow sleet mix now. About 6” total. 

Your 6cm call for us was too aggressive lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm getting this weird pixie dust that looks like needles at closer inspection. It's dusting things up like it's snow. Visibility down as well.

Im getting this now with what sounds like ice, and visibility also down pretty quick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ka60 said:

Clarksburg, at 8:05am  SN+ finally.  

Puff puff pass dude. Don’t hog it all.

• Haha 3