• Member Statistics

    16,653
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm
    Joined
Hoosier

February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

Recommended Posts

Just now, WHEATCENT said:

the NAM is showing a mix when its in the mid 20s

possible?

NAM has a HUGE warm tongue. Every model has warming in the mid levels but NAM is a bit extreme compared to others. It's either on crack or genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RCNYILWX said:

My response to your WxBell Kuchera issue response lol: Oh yeah agree, maybe they liked the publicity with those going viral on Twitter? Was probably a begrudging change made more urgent because Pivotal came out with Kuchera maps for the Euro.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

You mean Joe Bastardi and Ryan Maue (original creator of the graphics) would seek all the attention they can get?

Surely you can’t be serious!

(I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley)

  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man this run is prob gonna send most of Ohio into full panic mode. Feels like 90% of our last chances for big storms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NAM trying to push towards blizzard like conditions in NW OH for tomorrow night. Wind gusting 30-40 with 1"/hr snowfall rates for about a 6-8 hour time frame.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we’ll end up right on the edge of the snow and get a dusting.   Congrats to all to the SE who will get a great system.  Can’t wait to watch all this snow melt after this 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madwx said:

Looks like we’ll end up right on the edge of the snow and get a dusting.   Congrats to all to the SE who will get a great system.  Can’t wait to watch all this snow melt after this 

The national warning map is a sight to see... The cutoff is just amazing too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ohiocat5908 said:

NAM trying to push towards blizzard like conditions in NW OH for tomorrow night. Wind gusting 30-40 with 1"/hr snowfall rates for about a 6-8 hour time frame.

Especially with wind off the lake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

NAM has a HUGE warm tongue. Every model has warming in the mid levels but NAM is a bit extreme compared to others. It's either on crack or genius.

Ohio, warm tongue, la nina. Like the sun coming up in the east.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first wave on the NAM drops like 2-3” before the main wave. HRRR and RAP only put down an inch. Something to keep in mind when looking at total snow maps.

Edit: this is particularly true for the South Bend area. Didn’t look at the entire subforum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newbie and intermittent lurker here. NWS Wilmington’s 9 pm (8:53pm) forecast for Cincy has between 9-16 inches of snow. 

Can’t post a photo so here’s the text:

Detailed forecast for

Hamilton County

Tonight
Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows 15 to 20. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent. 
Washingtons Birthday
Snow. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Cold with highs in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.
Monday Night
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Lows 10 to 15. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LAF with the 13 spot on the NAM. Nice.

0z NAM and 3km with 9.4" and 9.3" here respectively. So shall it be.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AuerHaus said:

Newbie and intermittent lurker here. NWS Wilmington’s 9 pm (8:53pm) forecast for Cincy has between 9-16 inches of snow. 

Can’t post a photo so here’s the text:

Detailed forecast for

Hamilton County

Tonight
Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows 15 to 20. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent. 
Washingtons Birthday
Snow. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Cold with highs in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.
Monday Night
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Lows 10 to 15. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.

Well hopefully the nam doesn't verify or else you're looking at 3-5 inches. In all honesty it's all model noise to me at this point. First round of snow will be on your doorstep in a few hours anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AuerHaus said:

Newbie and intermittent lurker here. NWS Wilmington’s 9 pm (8:53pm) forecast for Cincy has between 9-16 inches of snow. 

Can’t post a photo so here’s the text:

Detailed forecast for

Hamilton County

Tonight
Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows 15 to 20. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent. 
Washingtons Birthday
Snow. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Cold with highs in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.
Monday Night
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Lows 10 to 15. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.

Nope, Monday night is stating the TOTAL expected of 6-10" which aligns with the forecast.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snownado said:

The Ohio people were scaring me saying the NAM looked horrible. Still looks great for much of Ohio !

Not sure how long you've lived in Indy but if this week pans out embrace it.  This is potentially a once every 10-20 year setup IF it happens.  :pimp:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago WX said:

LAF with the 13 spot on the NAM. Nice.

0z NAM and 3km with 9.4" and 9.3" here respectively. So shall it be.  

Nice to see our former city of residence get a good one.  Has a shot to dethrone everything since 2/13/2007 for them.  Should at least rank up there with things like 12/15/07, 3/24/2013, 1/5/2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AuerHaus said:

Newbie and intermittent lurker here. NWS Wilmington’s 9 pm (8:53pm) forecast for Cincy has between 9-16 inches of snow. 

Can’t post a photo so here’s the text:

Detailed forecast for

Hamilton County

Tonight
Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows 15 to 20. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent. 
Washingtons Birthday
Snow. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Cold with highs in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.
Monday Night
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Lows 10 to 15. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100 percent.

Welcome to the forum!  You might be mistaking the range totals, ILN said 6-10 total accums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.