• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

May be too amped but the GFS is mid lvl magical juggernaut ... but the QPF is substantial in long trajectory format anyway and looks like 8-12” most areas save for the s coast without meso / way early to get into that. 

that 500 mb vector containing that huge pulsed wind max riding over that cold would likely jam inflow jets straight into a very steep elevated frontal slope. I bet GFS 850-700 mb frontigen has a bright band 

• Like 1

I’m just gonna be straight with you guys and tell you, I’m as much of a weenie as it gets and can get carried away with my forecasts sometimes, which has led to me getting muted on the other forum. I want to make sure that doesn’t happen again here so I wanted to ask if there are any guidelines I should follow to avoid that. By the way, while I’m not carried away over a specific model run, I’ll give you guys some advice on how the George model works. Take my forecasts and cut them in half (take 1/3rd of my snow forecasts if it’s a Miller b), and then take the output.

• Weenie 3

1 minute ago, George001 said:

I’m just gonna be straight with you guys and tell you, I’m as much of a weenie as it gets and can get carried away with my forecasts sometimes, which has led to me getting muted on the other forum. I want to make sure that doesn’t happen again here so I wanted to ask if there are any guidelines I should follow to avoid that. By the way, while I’m not carried away over a specific model run, I’ll give you guys some advice on how the George model works. Take my forecasts and cut them in half (take 1/3rd of my snow forecasts if it’s a Miller b), and then take the output.

One thought is that you do that calculation before you share it.  I can’t remember all those directions 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

Well then cut your own forecasts by a third. If you lack confidence you will not be taken seriously.  Take a breath and think before you post 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, George001 said:

Hows the Navy ?

GGEM is all snow for at least north of MA/CT/RI border...it does flip south of there to sleet but it’s near the end. Pretty impressive runs tonight. The upper air has improved quite a bit on the 00z suite. It opens up possibilities of something better than a mere moderate event. 

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

The navy is a great model, it’s extremely underrated in my opinion. My biggest forecast busts are when I ignore the navy because it’s not showing what I want. My best forecasts come when I blend the navy euro and Canadian. 

I'm also on the other forum with you

Welcome

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GGEM is all snow for at least north of MA/CT/RI border...it does flip south of there to sleet but it’s near the end. Pretty impressive runs tonight. The upper air has improved quite a bit on the 00z suite. It opens up possibilities of something better than a mere moderate event. 

Things don't appear to be done trending either.

Could it end up being a big miller A storm for the entire northeast? I still think that's unlikely but possible. 

Still worried about the SE ridge amping things up as we get closer though in this case Thursday's storm wouldn't be happening without it. 

• Like 1