• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

Hi this is George from the other weather board, i also lurk here sometimes since this is a more New England centric form rather than mid Atlantic. I have been following the models and am really exited for this storm, it seems to be trending into a Miller b rather than cutting up into Ohio which should increase the ceiling of the storm. What do you guys think about the potential of this storm? 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Seems like the worse tomorrow has the trended the better this has.

The more tomorrow’s system wraps up, the lower the heights are behind it which helps keep the follow-up system further south and east. Obviously there are other factors like the shortwave itself for 2/18-19, but all else equal, lower heights behind tomorrow’s system will trend 2/18-19 colder.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The more tomorrow’s system wraps up, the lower the heights are behind it which helps keep the follow-up system further south and east. Obviously there are other factors like the shortwave itself for 2/18-19, but all else equal, lower heights behind tomorrow’s system will trend 2/18-19 colder.  

7" in Hollistton, 4" in Methuen..easy forecast. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, George001 said:

Hi this is George from the other weather board, i also lurk here sometimes since this is a more New England centric form rather than mid Atlantic. I have been following the models and am really exited for this storm, it seems to be trending into a Miller b rather than cutting up into Ohio which should increase the ceiling of the storm. What do you guys think about the potential of this storm? 

Certainly a much better chance at frozen. Where are you located

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thanks, makes sense. I like the high wedged in behind it. 

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Certainly a much better chance at frozen. Where are you located

Foxborough area, I am a strong believer in the potential of this storm due to the model shift from a low cutting to our west to a Miller B, Miller Bs are usually the type of storms that deliver massive amounts of snow to my backyard, sometimes upwards of 2 feet.

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

Foxborough area, I am a strong believer in the potential of this storm due to the model shift from a low cutting to our west to a Miller B, Miller Bs are usually the type of storms that deliver massive amounts of snow to my backyard, sometimes upwards of 2 feet.

Well this is moving too fast for amounts like that but certainly a 8 inch plus amount can not be ruled out.  I thought you said Mid Atlantic 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well this is moving too fast for amounts like that but certainly a 8 inch plus amount can not be ruled out.  I thought you said Mid Atlantic 

No I lurk here since it’s more New England centric where as the other board is mid Atlantic, so often I am rooting for different trends on the models than they are. For example they don’t like miller bs very much where as if I see a Miller b on the models I get extremely excited and start thinking about my deck being buried underneath so much snow that I can’t see it anymore, with snow depths up to my waist. Though for this storm I agree 2 feet is probably not going to happen but if things break right maybe 12-18 inches? Superbowl Sunday was a nice storm for me, very fast mover and the models had 3-6/4-8 type amounts but a band of extremely heavy snow sat on my house for several hours which led to me getting around a foot instead.

28 minutes ago, George001 said:

No I lurk here since it’s more New England centric where as the other board is mid Atlantic, so often I am rooting for different trends on the models than they are. For example they don’t like miller bs very much where as if I see a Miller b on the models I get extremely excited and start thinking about my deck being buried underneath so much snow that I can’t see it anymore, with snow depths up to my waist. Though for this storm I agree 2 feet is probably not going to happen but if things break right maybe 12-18 inches? Superbowl Sunday was a nice storm for me, very fast mover and the models had 3-6/4-8 type amounts but a band of extremely heavy snow sat on my house for several hours which led to me getting around a foot instead.

Exactly, and I can attest to that here as well.