Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 17-19th Potential Of Potential

Chicago Storm

Just now, Frog Town said:

I don't know if I'm missing something, but accuweather seems to be thinking this next system is gonna be pretty substantial for a lot of us.  I even checked to see if I was looking at an outdated map.  

Saw the same thing. That forecast needs to be updated. 

1 minute ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Well glad this 1st system was good because this sure turned into a real dud. Would have been nice to have back to back snowstorms but oh well. Looks like the thaw commences this weekend. 

It would be funny if it shifted back nw like the last system did though. I'll honestly be fine with a few inches of snow to add on before the pattern breaks

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Well glad this 1st system was good because this sure turned into a real dud. Would have been nice to have back to back snowstorms but oh well. Looks like the thaw commences this weekend. 

back to backs rarely work out. Probably going to ride the fence more often than not from here on out. With a small break in the action maybe the weekend event can gain some traction.

• Like 1

Trying to imagine what it would've been like around here had some of the earlier model runs worked out, specifically the GFS.  Depths would have been absolute insanity.  Anyway, not looking for much out of this here.  NAM remains most bullish.  Perhaps we could pull an inch or two but not real confident overall.

Wow.  People get really raw over missing a snowstorm here. :(  It's worse than pro-sports.  Like people are literally freezing to death in their homes in Texas because of corporate corner-cutting and greed.  So much corruption and incompetence and gross injustice everywhere... so much to be angry about...  but we're angry about missing a big snowstorm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, McHenrySnow said:

Pretty good. Plus, I'm sure you'll cash in over the next month. 

Yeah I’m not worried about it. We are only about 2” ahead of norm to date. Our time will come again, and the deep prolonged cold was enjoyable.

I was just trying to remind you that we all can’t cash in all the time and although it’s frustrating watching big dog totals come in a county away I’m sure within the next 5 years you’ll see a foot in early December and Alec will have cold rain and dust at the end. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Yeah I’m not worried about it. We are only about 2” ahead of norm to date. Our time will come again, and the deep prolonged cold was enjoyable.

I was just trying to remind you that we all can’t cash in all the time and although it’s frustrating watching big dog totals come in a county away I’m sure within the next 5 years you’ll see a foot in early December and Alec will have cold rain and dust at the end. 

From your lips. 

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

It's kinda funny, not picking on anyone, but there's always been a sense of competition on this site.

It's as though there's a skill set involved with ending up with the most snow.  :lol:

I'm telling ya.. we need to develop a sports bet app for weather where we can all bet the over/under on the models and compete :). Or bet one model over another.  Guarantee the models would get real accurate real soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

It's kinda funny, not picking on anyone, but there's always been a sense of competition on this site.

It's as though there's a skill set involved with ending up with the most snow.  :lol:

We know it isn't Ohio at the end of the year though :lmao:

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

To win you just move to Paradise Ranger Station, WA and gloat.  Or just be a Yooper in this sub.   Or are we talking individual storm totals?