• Member Statistics

    16,623
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday
    Joined
The 4 Seasons

Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Really? Jetport had 1.7” at 7 and I can’t have much more than that right now.

That was based on a quick eyeballing of an area that had a bit of drifting. Just did a proper measurement - a hair under 3”. I’m about a half mile from Pine Point Beach. (sorry I suck at uploading pics here)

B0947556-FCCE-48BF-9DF7-B3A00AD05633.jpeg.93228fba6b5049f77b833b54046adf32.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife driving, on our way home from sis in laws lol secondary snowstorm from the wind blowing snow out of the trees. Pretty sweet 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harwich, MA (5.5") total snow accumulation W.E. had to be at least 1.25".  It was a dense and heavy wet snow that is already melting.  Temp with a high of 41F, and a low of 31F.  Rain started just after 10:00 am and changed over to snow around 12:30 pm.  Snow ended just before 8:00 pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Harwich, MA (5.5") total snow accumulation W.E. had to be at least 1.25".  It was a dense and heavy wet snow that is already melting.  Temp with a high of 41F, and a low of 31F.  Rain started just after 10:00 am and changed over to snow around 12:30 pm.  Snow ended just before 8:00 pm.

Well you didn’t get your 12-16, but five and a half ain’t that bad either.  If you like snow, living out on the ocean isn’t usually a good thing...at least not in SNE.  
 

You’ll have more shots going forward though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, PWMan said:

That was based on a quick eyeballing of an area that had a bit of drifting. Just did a proper measurement - a hair under 3”. I’m about a half mile from Pine Point Beach. (sorry I suck at uploading pics here)

That fits with our few reports from SoPo and Scarborough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

this stuff is settling fast! might be the same or less when u get back lol

At 3:28 i took my 2nd to last measurement at 7.9". I cleared a small area (not for measuring the final total but to just see how much new snow fell). When i went to take the final total at like 515 i had 1 tenth more to put me at 8.0" but the space i cleared had at least a half an inch. So another half inch+ fell during two hours time but only added up to .1" on the board on top of what had already fallen. 

Just call it 8.5 good enough 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 8” now and snowing hard. Vis around couple hundred yards. Wind was light but now is picking up. Rates have been ~2”hr.


#NovaScotiaStrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Up to 8” now and snowing hard. Vis around couple hundred yards. Wind was light but now is picking up. Rates have been ~2”hr.


#NovaScotiaStrong

You're getting the benefit of it bombing out to our east.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Up to 8” now and snowing hard. Vis around couple hundred yards. Wind was light but now is picking up. Rates have been ~2”hr.


#NovaScotiaStrong

Had close to 8” here today(awesome event). so you’re gonna pass us by.  Nice Hazey.  Good for you guys.
 

Enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Had close to 8” here today(awesome event). so you’re gonna pass us by.  Nice Hazey.  Good for you guys.
 

Enjoy. 

You’ve had a great week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wife driving, on our way home from sis in laws lol secondary snowstorm from the wind blowing snow out of the trees. Pretty sweet 

this was my favorite storm of the season so far, all day sunrise to sunset storm with puffy fluffy snow sticking to everything!  7" at JFK and 7-8 across much of Long Island

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 6" of slop in total today which definitely creates a nice durable base to work with. Personally, I'd take the 3" of currier and ives type snow we had over two days last week than this type of snowfall. I feel for the plants and trees out there as this stuff sticks to everything like glue, although I'm sure the snow was nicer further inland. On to the next I guess..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S&P said:

Ended up with 5.5” , Portsmouth RI

Only 3.5 approximately 8-10 miles down the road near the southern tip of aquidneck Island in Newport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up with another about 8 or 9” here in SW CT. Nice little event for sure. Loving the pack developing here. Looks to only get deeper too! Starting to look like 2011 and 2015 around here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Once it melts, it's still New Jersey under all that snow, you know?

That's just a shame.

I fully expect to go snowless the next 3 winters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ScottieBird said:

Only 3.5 approximately 8-10 miles down the road near the southern tip of aquidneck Island in Newport. 

sounds about right, we typically do a little better, i was probably a degree or two colder for the duration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Allsnow said:

24 inches in seven days down here. The snow pack is incredible 

8" yesterday 30" in a week. Just below my seasonal norm. 39" for the season Westchester County ny. Give me a la nina with blocking any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.