Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

He had to see his shadow, we all know winter is just getting started around these woods.

The tradition is certainly going nowhere fast.  Human malware may have put a dent in things, but this will most likely survive.

And there are plenty of camera lights, there will always be a shadow for him to see!  He just has to "say" he saw it.  You know, because rats. ;-)

I am dying on my hill! :D 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hopefully not but that’s the nature of the chase. There are no guarantees. 

I drove to York Last night.. wound up stopping with my kids and wife and ate at https://primantibros.com/locations ... They probably had 10 on the ground and it was still snowing hard.  I really wanted to head up to allen town.. but I worked all day and was worried about the drive home.  

It was a fun chase!  As soon as you cross Maryland line... 83 was snow covered.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RDM said:

Ummmm - looks great.  For someone from Ohio you really cook a large variety of cuisines.  bon apatite  

When I was first married we lived in LA for 2 years. It exposed me to a fantastic range of cuisines. And I like to try new things. 

34 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

oh no—what do you have to avoid?

Well I am off dairy and wheat for now. May not have to be but it is helping with some weight loss I need anyways. Have noticed a difference being off wheat with having more energy and not bloated all the time. Have always been lactose intolerant. 

4 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i hear you on the dairy and i'm glad that cutting out wheat is helping and I hope you feel better. my sister eliminated gluten from her diet, and she is also an amazing baker, so if you are reworking recipes I can always ask her what she does.

Oh yes! Looking for an English muffin recipe if she has one. :D

13 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i hear you on the dairy and i'm glad that cutting out wheat is helping and I hope you feel better. my sister eliminated gluten from her diet, and she is also an amazing baker, so if you are reworking recipes I can always ask her what she does.

My daughter is vegan, and no gluten as well, since high school ( she’s in her last year at Trch)  because of food sensitivities. It absolutely was the right choice for her. It super hard to bake gluten free. Kudos to your sister. 

2 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

Where can we get the Euro Ens? I know they come out in about an hour, just wondering which services have them and the costs..

Weatherbell has them (00z, 06z, 12z, 18z) which costs 24.99/month.  Weathermodels.com costs 14.99/month though the interface is awful which made me cancel and move to Weatherbell...weathermodels.com also tends to come out slower/glitchier where certain panels can be missing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Feels like you are on a mission to disprove the cold coming...did BAM wx hire you for consulting?

Haha, no. I do know reliable things to look at. The gfs will always over do cold outbreaks and a deep freeze in Alaska is not good. But that can be temporary. In 85 right before the mother of all cold outbreaks, IIRC, places in Alaska were something like -80.

And for the record, I consider a mid winter cold outbreak to be highs in the teens and lows near zero. Not highs near 30 and lows in the mid teens. But who cares. It’s been cold enough for snow but there’s been little precip which I’ve said forever is the real problem most years.

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

first of all its the Canadian ensemble and it's only showing that extreme cold over Alaska because Canadians hate Alaska.

Thank you voice of wisdom. It’s a discussion. That’s what you do in a discussion. You discuss things. Doesn’t mean it’s what you actually think will happen.

And just my two cents ... don’t tell people to relax. It doesn’t come across well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

The WORST of the worst. 

There is no doubt that I should have been banned by ruggie way back when.  I only parley my friendship with the one admin to a get out of jail free card.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

i cleaned it up ;) 

There's no storm and yet people are arguing.  And I didn't even start it this time!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I've never once used the mute/ignore function on here. Might be changing this year...there are some straight up BAD posters on here. Worse than prior years it seems. 

The only reason I'm still around is because there's an ignore function - I couldn't have stuck it out with the personalities and posting style of some folks. The only problem I have is that you can still see posts by those on your ignore list that have been quoted. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic