Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, H2O said:

I won't get why someone from cape may would worry about sun angle in winter.  He should worry about rain gutters.

Snow melts quite effectively in any winter month when the temp is above freezing, and how often to we have multiple days of below freezing temps after a snowfall? The sun angle thing is such a non-factor for getting snow, and most of us don't live in places where we keep it otg long. It's just something else to piss and moan about.

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

I need to upgrade my home weather station.  In general I prefer to spend a little more money and buy something that will last as opposed to buying the cheapest option off Amazon and having to replace it quickly.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  

Davis VP2

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I was just looking at a storm up in Canada on the Euro and it has snow on every side of it.  Imagine living someplace where you didn't have to be on a specific side of a storm to get snow.  It doesn't matter if the storm goes north, south, east, or west of you as long it's close it snows. 

I'm from Canada.  The only month I've never seen snow falling from the sky is July.

Trust me, by March Canadians are right well sick and tired of the snow.

5 hours ago, mappy said:

well, technically 7 weeks with equinox 3/21-22. 

or less than that if you follow climatological seasons

According to Phil, but as luck has it maybe 10 more weeks!

And for those living in Whale Cove, Nunavut, well winter lasts well into May! ;)

As far as GHD goes, it is on my bucket list, it's not that far of a drive but the virus has ruined the party for them too! :(

23 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

According to Phil, but as luck has it maybe 10 more weeks!

And for those living in Whale Cove, Nunavut, well winter lasts well into May! ;)

As far as GHD goes, it is on my bucket list, it's not that far of a drive but the virus has ruined the party for them too! :(

Phil seeing his shadow this morning is a bunch of bullshit. it was cloudy with snow, that rodent did not see his shadow. its a stupid tradition that needs to end. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mappy said:

Phil seeing his shadow this morning is a bunch of bullshit. it was cloudy with snow, that rodent did not see his shadow. its a stupid tradition that needs to end. 

Anything that's fun and results in a party is worth keeping around.

No idea how that Phil dude gets treated, though I'd like to think Phils get treated well and live longer than most other groundhogs.

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Anything that's fun and results in a party is worth keeping around.

No idea how that Phil dude gets treated, though I'd like to think Phils get treated well and live longer than most other groundhogs.

its a hill i am willing to die on :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

I need to upgrade my home weather station.  In general I prefer to spend a little more money and buy something that will last as opposed to buying the cheapest option off Amazon and having to replace it quickly.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  

Davis VP2.  I got one 3 years ago for Deep Creek and it's been fantastic.  I want to add the UV sensor this summer.

2 hours ago, mappy said:

He had to see his shadow, we all know winter is just getting started around these woods.

The tradition is certainly going nowhere fast.  Human malware may have put a dent in things, but this will most likely survive.

And there are plenty of camera lights, there will always be a shadow for him to see!  He just has to "say" he saw it.  You know, because rats. ;-)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic