Jump to content

February Banter 2021


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

Back to cicadas, a reminder to the people with green thumbs here, do NOT plant any new fruit trees or bushes this spring until the Brood is dead. They will destroy them because they love the nutrients from fruit forward plants. If you currently have fruit trees and plants, make sure to cover them with a net to prevent invasions of them from getting to them. Saw this when I was reading up scientific info on Brood X. 

I will never forget the 2004 Brood in my neighborhood. I lived right next to Graham State Forest and we were inundated beyond belief. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, yoda said:

I got to know Ingrid pretty well years ago when I wired the Harbaugh's big house off Falls Rd. Very nice and appreciative of all us workers.  Seems so long ago. Maybe 15 years ago 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice! Got 2 more appointments for friends.  Although I slightly misspelled one of their names...hopefully that's not a huge deal?:yikes:

I tried over and over again right at 7am and picked the first day available. Since my mom is in the UMMS system, she already got the confirmation on her portal. WE ARE SO EXCITED. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

I tried over and over again right at 7am and picked the first day available. Since my mom is in the UMMS system, she already got the confirmation on her portal. WE ARE SO EXCITED. 

Great!  We got 1 more for our pregnant sister-in-law who works in the Harford County school system.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Great!  We got 1 more for our pregnant sister-in-law who works in the Harford County school system.  

you're a saint for helping to get your friends/family their appointments. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

I gotta get one of these reverse retro screaming eagle jerseys.  They look sick.

They are sweet looking on ice!  Hope these become more of a permanent fixture one day. I actually got one ordered in early December from a company in China. It took the slow boat to get here, but it was worth it. It’s definitely an Adidas replica, but $40 for a Backstrom jersey, I’m not complaining! If you need info on the company, let me know. 
 

PS - wish we had got the W though. I’m about done with Kuzy and his lazy ass. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Scraff said:

They are sweet looking on ice!  Hope these become more of a permanent fixture one day. I actually got one ordered in early December from a company in China. It took the slow boat to get here, but it was worth it. It’s definitely an Adidas replica, but $40 for a Backstrom jersey, I’m not complaining! If you need info on the company, let me know. 
 

PS - wish we had got the W though. I’m about done with Kuzy and his lazy ass. 

I'll PM you!  

Yeah, I'll take the point considering how bad we played for whole stretches but I want to kick about 10 players in the azz to get their sht together.  It's a short season so they don't have the luxury to just keep giving up points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It's so good to hear so many people are able to get the vaccine.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a faster rollout.

My mom has been feeling pretty down and out the last few weeks trying to get herself one. just always so "I hate everything" when we talk. Her mood did a complete 180 this morning when I called her with the news. Such a huge relief for her knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mappy said:

My mom has been feeling pretty down and out the last few weeks trying to get herself one. just always so "I hate everything" when we talk. Her mood did a complete 180 this morning when I called her with the news. Such a huge relief for her knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Today is my first day back to my job site and though I never got too down during the past year (I think I'm made for outdoor drinking), I had a sense of optimism on the way in this morning that we've turned a corner.  I won't have many students returning next week, but I'm looking forward to seeing and interacting with the ones that do.

Hopefully, the dosages continue to ramp up and we can move on past 1C soon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Today is my first day back to my job site and though I never got too down during the past year (I think I'm made for outdoor drinking), I had a sense of optimism on the way in this morning that we've turned a corner.  I won't have many students returning next week, but I'm looking forward to seeing and interacting with the ones that do.

Hopefully, the dosages continue to ramp up and we can move on past 1C soon.

hope your first week goes great and there isn't too many issues. We are keeping the kiddo home for the time being, but I know her teacher was happy to be back in the classroom.

My mom just felt very alone. She's a widow, I'm an hour away, my youngest sister is almost 3hrs away. The middle one sees her weekly, where they get together for a social distance dinner on mom's back porch. That has helped a lot. But this will give her more peace of mind and just a little more freedom without being worried.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter has a softball tournament in southern Virginia in July.  When we booked the hotel, i didn't pay much attention to where is actually was being that we are still 5 months away.  We just received conformation from the hotel we have booked - "Residence Inn Short Pump at the Notch" 

I'll let you all know what Short Pump is all about when we get back. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

My daughter has a softball tournament in southern Virginia in July.  When we booked the hotel, i didn't pay much attention to where is actually was being that we are still 5 months away.  We just received conformation from the hotel we have booked - "Residence Inn Short Pump at the Notch" 

I'll let you all know what Short Pump is all about when we get back. 

They moved Short Pump to southern VA????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Don't cook much, but I figured today is the day I start. Y'all inspired me! Cooking a spicy chicken pasta dish. Just picked up all the stuff. Excited!

That sounds great -- post a pic later if you can. I'm trying a new marinade for pork loin on the grill tonight -- we were going to have pasta, and then I thought, WTH, I'm not going to waste great late-winter grilling weather this afternoon/evening.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...