Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

Just now, JC-CT said:

Once the band moves through...

Yeah, though I'm wondering if it will by that point. Whenever it has looked like we were about to lose some punch today we have built more right back in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

To state the obvious, important to note... that's additional accumulation beginning after 7pm

Many areas of CT already exceeded that map

True - yet the expectation was the worst of this storm would be through 10PM for areas in the coastal plain.  That's definitely not gonna happen at this point with this map issued at 5PM.  Even my conservative 4-8" is gonna bust here...

Just a wall of white blowing down ocean blvd here in Hampton, no way I’m going to get an accurate measurement if things keep up this way. 

Just now, Kbosch said:

Yeah, though I'm wondering if it will by that point. Whenever it has looked like we were about to lose some punch today we have built more right back in.

All well modeled though.

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

To state the obvious, important to note... that's additional accumulation beginning after 7pm

Many areas of CT already exceeded that map

I'll learn to read the fine print someday.  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

So they are expecting that much more going forward from the map's time stamp?  I always just assumed those maps were storm totals.

Yes.

So they are expecting that much more going forward from the map's time stamp?  I always just assumed those maps were storm totals.

That’s what they usually do...this one is unusual

Apparently Lexington and Bedford don’t believe in plowing this evening . Are town budgets for snow removal pinched ? It pounding fatties and 28 and the roads have 3” of snow . Leaving W foods 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Apparently Lexington and Bedford don’t believe in plowing this evening . Are town budgets for snow removal pinched 

Weird. I feel like Boston has a zillion plows out. Work = good for city. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Apparently Lexington and Bedford don’t believe in plowing this evening . Are town budgets for snow removal pinched 

My towns not plowing either, that's why I got the hell off the road early.

Absolute poundage here. 27.5F now. 

CF has been inching super slow. Hopefully stay on the cold side for a few more hours

image.gif.2ffd0e5878c6ce61c2b9d4a93518c877.gif

• Like 1

According to my official Lunenberg Board of Weights and Measures rod, I have somewhere between 11" and a two meters. Still absolutely dumping, so 16-18" may be doable.

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

CF has been inching super slow. Hopefully stay on the cold side for a few more hours

Wasted a lot of time in southborough. Just measured only about 3 in. Coming down hard now though so we'll see.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Big thought, while it looks like that sw edge is creeping up, the larger radar view I see looks like it could just build back in or wrap back around to us in E CT? 

Otherwise if it ends with that edge got about 2 hrs left 

Also, once again Hamden plowing is a travesty. They plowed a couple times early this morning when we had less than an inch. Now there's a foot and they're nowhere to be seen.

• Haha 1

It's been a while since I've seen the radar look so good and the result be so terrible lol... not a 'melt' just an observation.  Par for the course down here near the bay.

Just now, kevin1927 said:

Dumping. Drive 1 mile west lol.

I've seen that before. You have rain at your house and literally look west to snow covered trees and rooftops. It's the craziest thing. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I've seen that before. You have rain at your house and literally look west to snow covered trees and rooftops. It's the craziest thing. 

So cool