• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

9 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Reminds me of Boxing Day in the metro region, though that storm plastered coastal areas with the worst ( I think Brick had 36 inches, as did Elizabeth ). It just kept pivoting over the city IIRC.

yes and funnily long island got about half the amount of snow they did lol

11 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yes but I still was right suppression was a bigger danger than too warm with this.we ended up with a more amped scenario and  It is going to mix maybe after dumping 1 to 2 feet 

suspect most of the storm will be over by then, thats how it usually happens with these two day storms, most of the action happens on the first day

NYC closing in on a foot...

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
1044 AM EST MON FEB 1 2021

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1030 AM     HEAVY SNOW       CARROLL GARDENS         40.68N 74.00W
02/01/2021  M9.5 INCH        KINGS              NY   TRAINED SPOTTER
  • Like 2

Whippany NJ checking in - about a mile & 1/2 SE of the 80/287 interchange.  Heavy snow, guessing about 8 inches on the ground so far.  

I was able to get the dog out and get her to do her thing - she seems to like the snow until her paws get cold, maybe 10 minutes total of outside time.  When we were out I had to break the news to our complex's plow driver that the storm isn't even 1/2 way over.  Guess he hadn't been following this site, because he was stunned. ;)  He's psyched for overtime but wondering when he's going to sleep!

14 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

winds was stronger in the boxing day storm and that storm was all snow their was no chance of any mixing in the city/ also a side not e the sanitation workers had a slow down during the blizzard that why some streets were not plowed for days..

It was not a widespread slow down but " some" workers did work slower....the major reason for the snafu was on the city management, which delayed declaring an emergency, allowing too many people to park on the street. This was the major reason for the difficulty cleaning up. it also allowed buses to operate, many were stranded blocking intersections and streets.